Show Off Your Games!

Hi Acee, i am not sure where in Texas my Red quills came from,I really like the color on your hens, your cock is beautiful but he has a tent of Pumpkin in his taill and wings, this is very pretty, mine is a darker red there. you should get some nice color in the chicks, keep us up to date on hatches and post some pics of chicks as the grow!!! i also love the color on your Punkin Cock and hen both, mine are a litle darke with a hint of blue in the tail and wing feathers, i like the yellow golden color in yours!! lynn in Okla.

Well everyone has there own way of record keeping, I use a very large calender. I mark on my calender set and hatch dates and any notes I feel important. On the back side of the front cover I keep track of markings like toe punches and leg or wing band identifiers. draw something that looks like chicken toes lol \ I / you know and draw dots where you punch does. Out left, Out right, inside left and inside right. How many blood lines of gamefowl do you have?

i have bout 4 or 5 bloodlines but right now im going to be working with green legged hatches and kelso stag over a roundhead kelso hen

so i think tomorrow ill post some pics of my selected brood cock and stag and of my hens and hopefully you guys can help me narrow down which hens to use for my boys any and all feedback is appreciated as i am new at breeding games

hey fowl frenzy nice looking birds my two cents if i was breeding them i would put the darker hens with your greenleged cock the chicks should keep that deep red but i dont think you could go wrong etherway goodlooking birds

thanks graybear my other family of quills look like yours i think these have some pumkin blood in them some of the stags out of the pumkin cock came mostly white last year different hens i ll post more pics when i get a chance im breeding diffrent trios this year we ll see what happens glad i found this site

Fowl Frenzie,
I agree with what Acee posted, I'd put the darker hens with the dark red cock. Without knowing their background, one could only look at your pics and tell you what might click. The selected broodcocks and all the hens look really good so you should get some good offspring out of any of them.
Also If you really want to narrow it down, just forget about the coloring and breed the best cock to the best hen, to your liking that is. Breeding this way will
produce birds with more characteristics that appeal to you.
BTW healthy looking fiery red eyes on those hens.

thanks guys and yes the darker hens with the green legs are going with my green legged cock and ive decided to put the first and the third hen with my stag. i got a few more breeding pens but those two guys are what im looking foward to working with one of my other pens has my grey cock with a grey hen and a brown red hen i wonder how that will turn out

Back
Top Bottom