Show Off Your Games!

@JShubin Yes he is a Young American Game. Bantam. these guys make reallly Great pets
Nice. I have never been a fan of Bantams... They remind too much of pugs or chihauhas. Eyes bulge a little much for my taste.

But your Thai fowl are really nice. I looked through your default photos and I saw you name all your chickens... Me Too! I love the reference to popular fighters (Bruce Lee, Jet Lee, Mike Tyson LOL)

@JShubin Yes! thai Fowls are my favorite Breed! i looked through your albums too! i noticed that you don't dubb your Birds?
i could see why you don't like the bantams:)
where did you get your birds? hatcheries?

@JShubin Yes! thai Fowls are my favorite Breed! i looked through your albums too! i noticed that you don't dubb your Birds?
i could see why you don't like the bantams:)
where did you get your birds? hatcheries?

No I dont dub my birds.... mostly because I am too much of a wuss.. It just seems like it would hurt them a lot and I dont have a good pair of scissors.

I would like to add Thai blood to my breeding program.. I like long legs and high stations.

I got my original birds from my neighbor who breeds and competes with them. I started with Grey hens and a Leiper Hatch cock. Later I added Spanish Game bloodline I aquired through a trade. I have never paid for a chicken :)

mine are fine and it gets in the lower 20's and all they have is a 60watt bulb
I read that the perch which the chickens roost upon should be wide enough so that their toes, when gripped around the perch, should be tucked under their feathers. If the perch is too narrow the toes wrap too far around/under the perch and are dangling in the cold.

Most of mine sleep in the trees with no protection from the elements. But I live in California where it very rarely gets into the 30s at night.

I read that the perch which the chickens roost upon should be wide enough so that their toes, when gripped around the perch, should be tucked under their feathers.  If the perch is too narrow the toes wrap too far around/under the perch and are dangling in the cold.

Most of mine sleep in the trees with no protection from the elements. But I live in California where it very rarely gets into the 30s at night.

Bring a bird in tonight and have roost on broom handle. Look at when is crouched down to see it's toes.

Mine roost under stars at least as low as -10 degrees F without trouble. They do have wind break and are well fed.

My newly aquired Al Sanchez puerto rican toppies. This is my brood pair.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom