Show Off Your Games!

Good luck sir !
If they make it this far there keepers. Gonna expand this weekend and add 8 more pens. They go from incubator to inside brooders to outdoor above ground pens then I decide who makes it to a second set of above ground pens then I decide who
ultimately makes it to the ground.

No need for a quarantine pen except with bringing in new birds.

A bird gets sick: kill it; no matter how good or how bad you think you need it; kill it! That is the best and only answer to sick birds.
(Exceptions are things like cocci, dry pox, worms.....)

Don't forget about proper disposal of the body! Some diseases are fine to bury others have to be burned. I still haven't learned which is which in chickens. I was reading of a some farmers in either Turkey or the USSR that had his turkeys struck with illness so he butchered them all and threw the bodies in the woods and then was surprised when the disease spread to the rest of the village's birds. Sorry for the vagueness of that story. I read it before I had my chemotherapy for cancer and certain details are just burned out. I was just so surprised that a he didn't have a more thorough grasp of how disease spreads.

Do it when it's cold less bleeding. And I got my shears from jefferspet.com both straight and curved for like 3.50 ea. I only use straight though

Back
Top Bottom