Show Off Your Games!

If you in Shreveport and want some miners ( eggs or chicks ) I can meet u somewhere around Baton Rouge if u can't find typewriters, up to you

What breed is my game hen
maybe black mug, war horse, sid taylor, mcrea, chandler black, mel sims , I think I have listed all the black fowl and most black fowl come with a straight come and a few with pea come. and I think all come with dark legs. black fowl hens are hard to tell of what blood line . best thing I can tell you is to track down how raised her if that is possible. it can be very hard some times to track down a breed or line of fowl even if its a green leg red fowl so Minnie blood lines out there and so minnie crosses. but if you like that hen and you like her offspring than that's what counts. but my best guess is some type of hatch/black cross she has some red in her breast and most pure blacks will have a black mask across there face

maybe black mug, war horse, sid taylor, mcrea, chandler black, mel sims , I think I have listed all the black fowl and most black fowl come with a straight come and a few with pea come. and I think all come with dark legs. black fowl hens are hard to tell of what blood line . best thing I can tell you is to track down how raised her if that is possible. it can be very hard some times to track down a breed or line of fowl even if its a green leg red fowl so Minnie blood lines out there and so minnie crosses. but if you like that hen and you like her offspring than that's what counts. but my best guess is some type of hatch/black cross she has some red in her breast and most pure blacks will have a black mask across there face
what color legs dose your hen have

What breed is my game hen
I have a hen very similar to this one... she is mixed breed, Hatch with Warhorse and some spanish game. Only the warhorse and spanish game had black genetics.

PS- A half spanish game hen (white chicken) is in the background... The spanish games I have produce both pure white chickens and black chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom