Show Off Your Games!

Have to keep in mind that people from every walk of life are capable of reading this page. It's came close to having the thread deleted before for fight talk, even when some of it was not really fight talk per-se. They warned "once more" and the thread would close pages ago.

Breeding for performance is not really possible in the USA today legally, to even breed a bird for fighting purposes is illegal in most states and to attend a cockfight is now a federal offense with penalities for bringing anyone under 18 as signed into law by Obama a few months back whether you have chickens or not.

It'd be pretty rough to be breeding for performance and someone call the cops on you then you end up in prison.
I am no martinet but I agree that it would be a shame to loose this thread. I will do my part to only discuss decourous topics.

Have to keep in mind that people from every walk of life are capable of reading this page. It's came close to having the thread deleted before for fight talk, even when some of it was not really fight talk per-se. They warned "once more" and the thread would close pages ago.

Breeding for performance is not really possible in the USA today legally, to even breed a bird for fighting purposes is illegal in most states and to attend a cockfight is now a federal offense with  penalities for bringing anyone under 18 as signed into law by Obama a few months back whether you have chickens or not.

It'd be pretty rough to be breeding for performance and someone call the cops on you then you end up in prison.

When did this happen? News to me! Holier than thou posts like this aren't helpful. There's plenty of threads that might be more to your liking.

Last edited:
When did this happen? News to me! Holier than thou posts like this aren't helpful. There's plenty of threads that might be more to your liking.

DTchickens is very much in the know and according to my understanding he comes from a very strong / sound background involving gamefowl. He also uses his head whenever he communicates something in this medium. You need to do similar.

Last edited:
DTchickens is very much in the now and according to my understanding he comes from a very strong / sound background involving gamefowl. He also uses his head whenever he communicates something in this medium. You need to do similar.

Thank you for your insight. I wasn't questioning his knowledge of game fowl. I was merely saying that stating the obvious wasn't helpful. I'm sure everybody here understands the recent law changes. Bringing more attention to a few posts is in bad taste in my opinion. This "medium" is a chicken forum. I am currently on here to learn what I don't yet know and help others learn the little bit that I do know. I'm sure many of you know far more than me, however your posts are a bit irritating. I really am not interested in your background either. You need to relax.

1. Carlisle
2. Oxford
3. American
4. Aussie Pit (show lines)

You can see a big difference between the two breeds (Carlisle and Oxford).

Aussie Pits are real neat, and quite game. The Pits that are still 'working' do look quite different to these fellas. In fact, Show Pits from each state, as well as 'working' Pits from each state all have unique looks.

Such an interesting history behind all these gamefowl (Carlisle, Oxford, American (or Oxford/American if you want to go down that road), and Aussie Pits).

Nice presentation. Americans more variable with respect to station / type over here except when bred for show. The show birds tend to have more showy feathers and color-types greatly restricted which means genetic variation less as well.

Last edited:
Owing to time constraints I have been less than dedicated when it comes to moving cocks between breeding pens this season. Normally a hen gets covered every third day to give hatches like if covered every day. A couple of hens of late have been covered up until first egg layed then again one day about one week later. Hatches for resulting broods still about same as having cock in all the time. I may start doing that routinely to cut down on stress for hens.

Au

1. Carlisle
2. Oxford
3. American
4. Aussie Pit (show lines)

You can see a big difference between the two breeds (Carlisle and Oxford).

Aussie Pits are real neat, and quite game. The Pits that are still 'working' do look quite different to these fellas. In fact, Show Pits from each state, as well as 'working' Pits from each state all have unique looks.

Such an interesting history behind all these gamefowl (Carlisle, Oxford, American (or Oxford/American if you want to go down that road), and Aussie Pits).
Aussie Pits have alot of Asil blood in them but unlike Asil they fly quite high

Back
Top Bottom