Show Off Your Games!

he looks funny lol
lol.png

Single comb , red eyes. PURE Morgan hackles. Got 2 breeders and a hen w/ peeps. I don't fight them but...HELL YEAH! The 2 adult roos figured it out with very little blood and no major injury. Put some numbing salve on the loser and a rooster I couldn't hardly grab is now my buddy! he's much happier now that I made room for his hen
I can definitely say that these dont match the whitehackle breed.

But these are some great looking games you have, very colorful and shiny. They look both looks like hatch crosses to me. I breed a lot of hatch crosses and these are definitely similar. That is a pea comb rooster with blue/green legs. Very typical of hatches.

I am not a whitehackle expert (I have one hen), but from what I understand they come White legged (maybe yellow?). Have random white feathers/streamers.

Jshubin
I can definitely say that these dont match the whitehackle breed.

But these are some great looking games you have, very colorful and shiny. They look both looks like hatch crosses to me. I breed a lot of hatch crosses and these are definitely similar. That is a pea comb rooster with blue/green legs. Very typical of hatches. 

I am not a whitehackle expert (I have one hen), but from what I understand they come White legged (maybe yellow?). Have random white feathers/streamers.
hmm, thank you. I admittedly don't know but that is what someone else said. Makes no difference to me really! I just like them. I have 2roos 3 hens and 6 peeps.i'll get more pics as I'd like to know more.

Last edited:
To say I'm new to these birds is an understatement! I have read just the basics. They are quarantined right now. I got them 2 days ago. I convinced the other interested buyer to let me have these since there were other cocks and these were paired which I really wanted. I have all kinds of chickens. Seramas, layers, bantams (mostly o.e. roosters) and now these. I could really use help. I don't want to "fight" them but I also don't want to ruin them by improper handling. I don't know what the previous handler did with them. They were probably less desired cocks and it is a fall batch of peeps but if/when I breed them, I'd like to maintain/recover all the game I can.

What about this one? As far as mama hens with peeps, what do I do? They are about 3 weeks old. How long before I take them or will leaving them with her till they NEED separated be best? Anyone recommend a book. Please no 'cocking for dummies' lol thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom