Show Off Your Games!

@roosterhavoc I didn't realize you were such a chicken whisperer. What you wrote rings true to me! I handle and give treats to all my birds from the day they hatch. I like the stags that are cocky, but not aggressive. Most with come right up to me for treats. The rare one can be just plain aggressive, and they do not get to stay. Showing them who is "boss" does not work for me. It either breaks them completely or generally makes things worse. If I show them respect, on their terms, they generally reciprocate. It seems many animals work this way.
Nope. I’ve just made enough mistakes to realize what clearly doesn’t work. Lol

Here’s a classic example: I just read today and many times before someone giving advice about not letting young birds jump on you because they will become aggressive later and it will become a habit. More nonsense. :rolleyes:
These two pics are the same bird. Very friendly, hand fed daily, allowed him to jump on me, etc...
E1CD3135-8176-4E6B-B710-97CF77F4FABC.png

53E9634A-51FD-4E31-AC71-77CB7759A313.jpeg

They need one that's titled why Google and he said she said doesn't make you a expert.

Back on the birds that blue stag I got I can tap my arm and he'll fly right up to my arm most times. Hes probably one of the best birds I've got as far as being great natured toward me goes he is also the one I can do flys with and he hits the post turns around and comes back to me.

20181230_125802.jpg

That being said all the birds here are easy to handle I'm watching one stag hes a little on the effy side especially in a pen like havoc said.
No matter how easy they are to handle every single bird here if the wind blew over a pen or they dug out they would find another male in a pen and destroy themselves without any human interference to the point of needing to be culled if they wasn't caught in the act quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom