Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
those are bloodline names. during the legal sporting era the bloodline was more important than color, now its the reverse. a Butcher can be a Wheaton, but so can a Claret. A Hatch could be several colorations. Miner blues could be blue reds, lemon blues, brown reds, bb reds....depends on the strain of that line.

Very good.
Any books or resources that we can see pictures of? besides here!

Quote:
Name and name game again.

American game fowl standard refers to color type. Names used by those involved with using "working" games such as Hatch, Kelso, Sweater, Doc Kniefords, Miner Blues etc. are based on individual persons credited for development of a particular line / strain. Some exceptions to this pattern involve names like Brown-Reds but even those often still attached the name of some individual. Most such names are not recent as most are more than 50 years old. Coloration may or may not be genetically fixed within a working strain. If you encounter those involved with working birds, they will often profess they do not breed for color although color is very often a character used to classify a bird as one strain or another. Body conformation maybe important with some strains. When I was as kid, I do remember some "working" strains often consistently used a particular techinique while "working" kind of like different types martial arts such as high breaking, low breaking, hard hitting, prone to dodge or weave, etc. Definantly genetic components to technique.

Owing to age of many working lines and lack of certainty of parentage, the names older names are going to be difficult to prove as accurate unless birds are derived from a breeder actively selecting on that line and taking care to prevent genetic additions from swamping his / her work. Such a breeder is going to be keeping very accurate records making certain of who is the momma and poppa.

Quote:
Name and name game again.

American game fowl standard refers to color type. Names used by those involved with using "working" games such as Hatch, Kelso, Sweater, Doc Kniefords, Miner Blues etc. are based on individual persons credited for development of a particular line / strain. Some exceptions to this pattern involve names like Brown-Reds but even those often still attached the name of some individual. Most such names are not recent as most are more than 50 years old. Coloration may or may not be genetically fixed within a working strain. If you encounter those involved with working birds, they will often profess they do not breed for color although color is very often a character used to classify a bird as one strain or another. Body conformation maybe important with some strains. When I was as kid, I do remember some "working" strains often consistently used a particular techinique while "working" kind of like different types martial arts such as high breaking, low breaking, hard hitting, prone to dodge or weave, etc. Definantly genetic components to technique.

Owing to age of many working lines and lack of certainty of parentage, the names older names are going to be difficult to prove as accurate unless birds are derived from a breeder actively selecting on that line and taking care to prevent genetic additions from swamping his / her work. Such a breeder is going to be keeping very accurate records making certain of who is the momma and poppa.

Excellent explanation.

Quote:
those are bloodline names. during the legal sporting era the bloodline was more important than color, now its the reverse. a Butcher can be a Wheaton, but so can a Claret. A Hatch could be several colorations. Miner blues could be blue reds, lemon blues, brown reds, bb reds....depends on the strain of that line.

Very good.
Any books or resources that we can see pictures of? besides here!

Ultimatefowl, especially the Wikipedia.. I have the link on my website. It has pictures of a lot of the old time breeders, strains, and breeds (games and non games). A lot of info too.. But some pages still need work on pictures and all, we add them as we can.

-Daniel

DSCN0125.jpg

Cute little guy is getting better looking every day.

DSCN0100.jpg

And this girl is getting towards laying, if she's not there, but not much bigger!
lol.png

Last edited:
DSCN0125.jpg

what color is he... i have one kind of like him... i'm hoping he's an isabell morph...? right...? mine is the same shade as my lavendars... so i figured he'd be isabella... i'm planning on putting him with some mille fleurs to try to get some porcelains...

edit: i just tilted my monitor back a little and noticed that he is a porcelain... LOL... my favorite OEGB's...

Last edited:
Anyone on here know a William Parsley, they have contacted me inquiring about my Games, just looking for identification, don't really like dealing with people that I don't know in some way. If you are on here please speak up and let me know something about you so we can do business together! Thanks, Lynn in Okla.

Back
Top Bottom