Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Above is not entirely correct. Top cocks get greater proportion of mating opportunities with females. No single cock can control all hens in area and part of that is a function of hens having control of what cocks they associate with. Lower ranking cocks / stags operating in shadows of dominant male still sire some offspring, just not as many.

Top cocks in at least some settings also fight so their harem with its offspring have preferred access to forage and cover.

The top cock only scenario is a product of confinement, the breeders hand or selection for the pit (gameness).

Quote:
Above is not entirely correct. Top cocks get greater proportion of mating opportunities with females. No single cock can control all hens in area and part of that is a function of hens having control of what cocks they associate with. Lower ranking cocks / stags operating in shadows of dominant male still sire some offspring, just not as many.

Top cocks in at least some settings also fight so their harem with its offspring have preferred access to forage and cover.

The top cock only scenario is a product of confinement, the breeders hand or selection for the pit (gameness).

??????????????
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:

??????????????
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
roll.png

Ditto, lol.....

Quote:
??????????????
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
roll.png

Ditto, lol.....

I started typing something to that, but figured it was just a waste of time...

Does anybody have any experience with early crowing roosters .
Lets say I got some pure aseels and some of these started crowing at very early age.
Do they will be more aggressive for their high level of testosterones or this have nothing to do with aggressiveness ?
By the way the picture is not from aseel is just a cockerel from a project I'm working on

59337_v__2ff3.jpg

Thank you for you comments

Last edited:
I'm trying to get some pics on here of 3 Games that have decided they like hanging in my front yard. I'd like to find out what type they are.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am not able to make since of it. My hen raised cockerols begin a brief bout (few days) of crowing shortly after being weaned at about 6 weeks but crowing thereafter greatly reduced until first adult tail feathers start coming in at about 16 weeks. On mornings during the brief crowing uptick the cockerols get into the hour long battles that leave both exhausted and a bit bloodied. The second bout of crowing just as first adult feathers starts coming in also occurs with lots of fighting well in excess of the usual chest bumping and long staring contests. If cock present, then crowing again subsides but is no cock crowing continues. Maybe testosterone is increased only briefly or birds become agressive everytime it bumps up in juveniles. Long-term no apparent relationship apparent with aggressiveness except with my nongames.

Measuring testosterone levels might be interesting to see if changes really are involved.

Back
Top Bottom