Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    You make me laugh Amykins!! Not Wobbles and that Skoda.

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  3. LadyHawkeAvry

LadyHawkeAvry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    Perhaps Bean is a scirocco then!! Tiny, sporty, totally unexpected...

[​IMG]
    Missy loves her daddy.... This is where she decided to settle in.... Right up until she saw I had pasta with sausage... Then her goal was to remove an entire sausage from my plate as quickly as possible....

4. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    It was pizza for me and Wobbles. It's not good for him but dang it if I'm eating something he's not allowed to have he wants it so bad! Ducks can be such lil' stinkers!

I just got back from the park, my shift is over so I went for a walk and met up with a friend of mine who lives nearby. Wobbles and Bean both did so well! He didn't attack anyone, he was just happy to get at the grass since it's been over a month since he's been allowed out of the house. She did great too! Got home, gave her a bath, let her do the zoomie thing for a while. I'm so happy she's a strong swimmer, the hope is that someday she'll teach Wobs a thing or two. And if not it's still good 'cuz if he tries to mate her in the pond and she doesn't want to she can still swim circles around him. :p

5. LadyHawkeAvry

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY

I had to videotape it...

6. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Aww, what a lil' sweetheart! [​IMG]

7. kristi8404

kristi8404 New Egg

Mar 31, 2015
    I was hoping someone could help me with the quacking.

I have two very vocal quackers, they recently started going outside and they love it. When I bring them in I diaper them and let them run around the house. The last couple times they almost quack pant - Its not hot in here and they have water but they lay together almost constantly quacking - Is this concerning?

8. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    They could just be excited! You say it's not hot but there are days when Wobs has his diaper on that he pants a lot, too. I think it's a mix of the added butt-padding and your duckies running around a whole bunch. Does it only happen when they're indoors?

9. LadyHawkeAvry

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    I agree - there are days when it doesn't feel hot, but Missy sits around and pants. I turn the fan on for her, and she settles right down. Usually it's when she has been lively and playful, even if she hasn't been tearing around the house like a nut! Even in summer feathers, they are well insulated with all that down!

10. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Same here, we don't have air conditioning sadly but I'll toss in an ice cube into his water dish and he loves pushing it around with his bill trying to latch onto the slippery thing. Not looking forward to the summer, we've already got 80-degree weather and it's not even May! Washington has officially declared a drought - a drought of all things, in Seattle, the rainy city!! Come July we're gonna be toast. Literally.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by