Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    You are right about Bean. She's zoomie so she's gotta be something sporty and quick.

Did Missy successfully remove the sausage from your plate?

2. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    What a great day for everybody. How sweet Wobs loved the grass and was a nice boy. I am happy Bean did great too. Your baby is growin' up. Yay!!!

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    She is so sweet. And the funny thing is based on the past posts she can be a stinker. I love her. She is beautiful too.

4. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I used to see lots of those driving around years ago. Not so much now. They are cool. Imagine having unlimited funds and fixing one up for fun.

5. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Yeah <3 Of course, the moment we got back home he began being a little terror again. :p Am I the only one here who has a male house duck? I know lotsa you have females, like ChaCha, Miss B and Quackers, but I don't know of any other drakes. It's a shame too, 'cuz I really could use advice on certain things. Like why he hates cylinders so much. I can't even get a sip of water without him trying to attack the glass! Or soda can...or thermos...or coffee cup...

6. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    That was an interesting read, Kathy. Thanks for the link. Never knew there were variants on the model. And that all that subcontracting that went into building it. All you see is the end result with no thought prior to its birth.

7. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Not to have a laugh at your expense, but this is funny. He is a different duck. By being a terror is it him attacking those objects? It seems birds fixate on something and then perseverate on it for a while. Mine do and it's so interesting to watch. Is Wobbles' cylinder thing new?

8. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Nah, it's been like this since he hit puberty. I still don't really get why he hates cylinders, he doesn't do it with anything else I'm associated with, like my makeup, or pillow, or clothing. Just cylinders!

9. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Well, those cylinders trigger a response in him for some reason or none at all. It could be his brain or hormones that cause his hatred toward them. I am just guessing here cuz people develop strong dislikes for objects too and it's not necessarily due to a bad experience but a revelation. Still just guessing. But since it's Wobbles it is cute.

10. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    LOL it is kinda cute, even though it's so, so annoying! He tries sooooo hard to be a tough guy but he's the size of a pigeon with a teeny tiny bill, he can't even make a dent in anything no matter how much damage he thinks he's doing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by