Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Awwwww, that's so sweet! Narcy wasn't trying to rescue his lady love, he was trying to bust out his best friend, LOL! I know it's weird but I have a soft spot for same-sex animal couples. They're just so cute.

1 person likes this.
  2. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Poor Bean...now that she 's fledging, she squawks whenever she scratches herself. ;; I feel so bad for birdies! Teething is bad enough, but can you imagine having that going on all over your body?

...Also it's really hard to type with a hyper Bean trying to peck and scurry along the keyboard. Oh, fine, Bean, here:

'''/]
    '/..lmn h,y 8u8j89;;

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I love that. All of it. Precious birds of the webbed feeted kingdom.

4. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Eeeeee, cute little Bean posting all by herself on BYC.

5. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Well, I hate to squash her dreams but I don't think she'll ever make it as a web developer. Her code is atrocious!

1 person likes this.
  6. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I'd hire the cute little blueberry muffin anyway.

7. LadyHawkeAvry

LadyHawkeAvry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    Who knows! She may get better with time and develop her own software line. "Why have an apple when you can have a Bean?" I can see it now!!

..and Narcissus and Echo are an awesome couple. They have the most spectacular synchronized triumphs, (they put Aramis and Lousette to shame!), and do everything together. Much as I would love to breed for Narcissus' funky pattern, I could never bring myself to separate them. They are a perfect pair!!

I pulled Pale Girl in for the evening, and got more gunk out of her leg. She has a huge joint effusion, which I was unable to draw off of, so I injected the space with antibiotic, which immediately poured from the hole where I removed the granuloma earlier. I tried drawing fluid from the lateral side, and although I couldn't aspirated anything, the hole drained profusely for some time, and the fluid was also antibiotic tinged. Verdict: septic arthritis secondary to a skin abscess. There was no sign of any original injury, so I have no idea what the offense was that set the process in motion. I felt bad for Pale Girl, who had to put up with me messing around in her joint space, but back in the quarantine tub for the night, she was putting weight on her foot, and enjoying a nice cool drink before dinner. I will have to keep flushing and draining this mess for a while, but the inflammation is now just limited to the joint. I still have to get a nice bandage shot - my last wrap didn't giver her as much movement as I would have liked to see, so I modified the design to still maintain pressure while allowing for more flexion so she can work the fluid out of there... Hopefully the combo of days outside in the sun with her friends and nights inside will help her heal without too much stress!

8. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Poor little baby...that's gotta feel terrible. Is she on any painkillers, or just topical numbing agents at the incision site?

9. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Oh, I am in tears. Very moved by your treatment for Pale Girl. Sweet.

10. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by