Show off your house ducks!

Poor, sweet girl...how long do you think it'll take until she's close to normal? A week? Two weeks? I do adore how Narcy is such a wonderful guardian. Anyone who says ducks and geese are just dumb, emotionless animals doesn't know their heinie from their elbow!
Precious Narcissus. God, he is a smart bird.

In humans it takes weeks for septic arthritis to resolve, so I'm sure she will be similar. As long as I got that whole nidus of infection she should be OK. If there is still a deeper pocket she will have to go to the vet for exploration under anesthesia, because it would mean opening up the joint capsule completely. Hopefully my conservative incision and drainage was enough to clean out the infection. If she needs an involved orthopedic intervention she will have to be penned and on complete rest, which will make her miserable. I'm hoping I won't have to put her through that. She is unhappy enough indoors at night!

And I agree! Anyone who thinks waterfowl are dumb and without emotion clearly has never owned one!!
I hope Pale Girl doesn't require more surgery. She's so resilient weathering all this.

Pale girl decided to rest in one of the nest boxes under the potting bench. Narcissus took over for Ducky, and is guarding her. My daughter hates him, but he really is a sweet boy!

She sleeps with her leg extended (more comfortable because there is less pressure), so you can also see her pressure bandage. She has full range of motion with this configuration...

I think it is so sweet that everyone is watching over her.

My babies outside in the sun...

I wish I could take her in to have a sleepover with my duckies ;;
I love that idea. She'd enjoy that. It's hard being on here and not being in the presence of these beings when they are going thru so much. I know they are in great hands but I just wanna give them and in this case Pale Girl some love.

Back
Top Bottom