Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. LadyHawkeAvry

LadyHawkeAvry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    Love those adorable little gangly adolescent ducks!!! You just want to cuddle them all!!

2. Reese7383

Reese7383 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2015
    Thanks!! I just love watching the teenagers and babies interact with the oldest 4 Pekings. I'm truly lucky all 10 ducks get along so well.
    Anyone have any ideas what breeds I've got? I can get better pictures.

Frank and bean, Elsa and Anna - my 4 oldest Pekings, no longer come inside to sleep. They're 5wks old and stay in an enclosed outdoor run.But still crave attention from me. As for the teenagers - rousch,greyfeather and olympius 3wks- they peep like crazy if they can't see me and insist their broader be right next to my bed. Well for the 3 babies 1-2wks, nyne, evil Lamont, and pinky - just stay as close to me as possible. When bedtime comes if my arm isn't hanging over into their broader. They won't stop peeping until I put it there. Needless to say I've definitely imprinted on my lil ducklings.

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    That is so sweet. Doesn't it just make you love them so much more? I love their emotions.

4. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Beantato, mach 2

[​IMG]

5. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I love her!! Her face in full frontal view is so cute and sweet looking. I love her feets in the air like that. You scored with her, Amykins.

6. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    I admit seeing the photo made me laugh when I saw her face. It's almost as if she's saying "come on, mom...again? Really?"

7. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I noticed her facial expression too and love the look in her eyes. She a soft and fuzzy Bean.

8. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Yeah, the looks she gives me are priceless. :p I hope she's not developing too quickly, for a three-week old she's got more feathers than Wobbles had at the same age. And she's got more tan-colored ones, too! I'd say the left half of her breast is brown. The rest is white and grey. So I guess we'll just have to wait a few weeks to see what she'll look like!

9. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio

All of my birds eat antyjing I eat because I toss the scraps right out the door to them.
    Calls actually grow & feather very fast. As for the brown coming in, she's either blue fawn or tri-color. Post a pic on the call duck thread & ask mimihorse.

10. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    And you can only wonder what's going on in her mind. Interesting she's got more feathers at this stage than Wobbles had. It's going to be an adventure to see how she turns out color wise.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by