Show off your house ducks!

Heehee. Yes, Bit flattens out like a pancake. It is funny.

So the feather thing and getting wet with water and the oil gland is a use it or lose it prospect. Very fascinating with how nature adapts. It is so malleable. I love it.

I sound like a loon, too. It is funny and sometimes I will do it at work just for fun and a few people laugh. But at home I am always doing the long and high pitched Eeeeeeeeee thing in their presence because they are so hideously cute. But then I do have quiet moments where I just stare at them and marvel. Do you ever just stop and stare at your duck cuties?

All the time! Birds are fascinating to me, and ducks especially. They're very old; the first ducks appeared before whales had even evolved. So they really are quite like tiny dinosaurs! I also contemplate on how smart they can be, and how silly it was that up until recently, we assumed they had no intelligence at all.

...Also the sounds finches mare are nine kinds of adorable.

All the time! Birds are fascinating to me, and ducks especially. They're very old; the first ducks appeared before whales had even evolved. So they really are quite like tiny dinosaurs! I also contemplate on how smart they can be, and how silly it was that up until recently, we assumed they had no intelligence at all.

I did not know ducks evolved before whales. That is so cool. And they are very dinosaurian, I agree. The thing about ducks I love is their versatility. They fly, walk and swim. Other than the cuteness of their webs, the fact the feet have evolve or adapted to paddling is amazing. I mean, other than penguins, why would a bird species be in the water and be able to dive completely under too?

Yes, the finch voice is so adorable. Jibby's male courtship song always makes me stop and listen. It's a treasure.

that is very interesting I've always called my duckie my little dinosaur

@Juliebird Check this out, I found a cool doc on ducks, I loved it and I think you will, too! It has so many webs <3

0.jpg

@Juliebird
 Check this out, I found a cool doc on ducks, I loved it and I think you will, too! It has so many webs <3

I just watched the first half, I'm going to finish it tomorrow! And, I LOVE it! Ducks are so wonderful! It brought tears to my eyes in the beginning when those sweet little babies were jumping out of the nest to find their momma!
2764.png

Last edited:
I just watched the first half, I'm going to finish it tomorrow! And, I LOVE it! Ducks are so wonderful! It brought tears to my eyes in the beginning when those sweet little babies were jumping out of the nest to find their momma!
2764.png
Me too @AmandaVirginia I teared up as well. I have to get ready for work and will watch it tonight. What a treat @Amykins . Thank you so much for posting. The ducks are so cute. I so love their football bodies. I do have a question. Is the female's voice loud for the reason that she uses it to call the ducklings out of the nest? Like with the wood duck? I didn't know they roosted in trees.

Me too @AmandaVirginia I teared up as well. I have to get ready for work and will watch it tonight. What a treat @Amykins . Thank you so much for posting. The ducks are so cute. I so love their football bodies. I do have a question. Is the female's voice loud for the reason that she uses it to call the ducklings out of the nest? Like with the wood duck? I didn't know they roosted in trees.

That shot of the raft of ducklings paddling from beneath the water alone is worth the watch. :p And you know, that's a good question. I never thought about it before, but that would make a lot of sense!

That shot of the raft of ducklings paddling from beneath the water alone is worth the watch. :p And you know, that's a good question. I never thought about it before, but that would make a lot of sense!
No kidding. And watching some.of the adults take off from the water without a running start gave me chills.

The quacking thing with the women ducks came to me when Mama Wood Duck was calling her sweeties from the tree. She was kinda far away so I figured that's gotta be why the females are louder than the men birds.

Back
Top Bottom