BudgieKing15

Songster
Mar 29, 2020
Winston-Salem NC
I wanna see those cute brown-and-white chickies!

Attachments

• Me Holding Willamina 2.jpg
    Me Holding Willamina 2.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 21
Here are my 4 ISAs, taken on July 16 at about 3ish weeks old.
First day out roaming, one immediately found a place to dust bath, all were zooming around like kids let out for recess. Strong instincts for chicken behavior right off the bat. Everybody dove for cover at any strange, loud noise. Their ability to see flea beetles on the kale was amazing. Cleaned them right up, then started on the kale lol.
Motley looking bunch at that age aren't they? That's what I called them the Motley Crew, which shows my age :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    758.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    624.7 KB · Views: 14
Here they are 2 weeks later. I guess you could call them teenagers now. A little braver than they were before and exploring a little farther.
They learned on their own after about 3 days out to go to bed and would gather at the door to be let in. And are now roosting on sticks like little adults... I'm so proud of them.
One is truly 'chicken' and is never the first for anything, one is a leader and always the first for everything and the others are followers. They certainly are entertaining.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    887.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    722.9 KB · Views: 15
Here are my 4 ISAs, taken on July 16 at about 3ish weeks old.
First day out roaming, one immediately found a place to dust bath, all were zooming around like kids let out for recess. Strong instincts for chicken behavior right off the bat. Everybody dove for cover at any strange, loud noise. Their ability to see flea beetles on the kale was amazing. Cleaned them right up, then started on the kale lol.
Motley looking bunch at that age aren't they? That's what I called them the Motley Crew, which shows my age :)
They're so cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom