Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

My bbred Hen went broody and after the chicks hatched my rooster started attacking me and I don't know what to do because he's one of my best roosters and creates a really good chicks and hes from the top line. Have any of you had this problem and what do I do he actually broke skin and left a bruise I show him in FFA too.

My bbred Hen went broody and after the chicks hatched my rooster started attacking me and I don't know what to do because he's one of my best roosters and creates a really good chicks and hes from the top line. Have any of you had this problem and what do I do he actually broke skin and left a bruise I show him in FFA too.

Had that happen before, sometimes I can get them to stop and sometimes not... the ones that don't end up going if they are that aggressive...
I've had some good results with picking him up immediately every time I open their pen/cage and tucking him under my arm with his head towards my back and carrying him around for a while like that... he's trying to prove dominance over you and that seems to be a fairly effective way to passively dominate him... good luck and hope this helps!

Had that happen before, sometimes I can get them to stop and sometimes not... the ones that don't end up going if they are that aggressive...
I've had some good results with picking him up immediately every time I open their pen/cage and tucking him under my arm with his head towards my back and carrying him around for a while like that... he's trying to prove dominance over you and that seems to be a fairly effective way to passively dominate him... good luck and hope this helps!
thank you

I talk to mine that are getting aggressive before I go in to the cage. Low and soft, and I give them lots of compliments. Seems to calm them. Some don't seem to like it when I go in to feed. They attack the food cups, the water jugs. Helps with mine. Don't get into a physical confrontation with them, it only makes it worse. Sometimes they lose interest if there's no fight. I have had some that left me with no choice but to teach them a little respect. Those guys wind up getting culled though, as soon as I can replace them.

Still fairly young but my cockerel is looking like a stud already. I love the black and white just looks strong!

I don't have any current pix of my Old english games, but I was wondering if you hatch your own chicks under a broody, have you ever had problems with the rooster getting the babies? I Just separated My BB Red Rooster, because the broody hen hatched 3 of her 4 eggs she was on. Two BB Reds and One Lemon Blue. THat little LB looks BLACK! BUt CUTE!! Should I keep Bentley (The rooster) Separated from mother and Babies?

I don't have any current pix of my Old english games, but I was wondering  if you hatch your own chicks under a broody, have you ever had problems with the rooster getting the babies?  I Just separated My BB Red Rooster, because the broody hen hatched 3 of her 4 eggs she was on.    Two BB Reds and One Lemon Blue.  THat little LB looks BLACK!  BUt CUTE!!  Should I keep Bentley (The rooster) Separated from mother and Babies?  

If you've already separated then you might want to wait... or try supervised visits or something... it all depends on the roo... usually OEGB roos are very involved and good with chicks, but there's always exceptions... I had a SDW roo adopt 4 lf EE chicks and he was as good as a broody mama...
Would love to see pics! :)

Back
Top Bottom