Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

That was the closest we could compare Nightwing too based on pictures, now we just have to figure out the gender.

As for the big chicken, she was got from a hatchery. They called them 'golden sexlinks', but there's only black and red right? There were golden colored and bright yellow ones. She was one of the goldens that i had gotten.The females are golden and males are yellow, right?

Last edited:
That was the closest we could compare Nightwing too based on pictures, now we just have to figure out the gender.

As for the big chicken, she was got from a hatchery. They called them 'golden sexlinks', but there's only black and red right? There were golden colored and bright yellow ones. She was one of the goldens that i had gotten.The females are golden and males are yellow, right?
Typically that's the way it works. Oddly enough there is the odd one that pops out to look just like the one you have. In 2007 I had a golden sexlink rooster that looked almost identical to that one. I guess you and I were chosen to be the receiver of the odd colord ones, it helps keep life a bit more interesting.
smile.png

Hoping to get some help with my bantams. I have 3 silver duck wing bantams two roos and one hen. I have no idea how old they are I got them from a place in Florida who told me they were something else. I ended up with these beauties and they are sweet as they can be. Right now I have them in with my keets (guinea) who are 2 1/2 months old along with 3 other pullets 1 Barred Rock and 2 EE. I think the bantams are much older then the others even though I got them all at the same time. One of my roos has started crowing and as you can see by the picture has very red comb and wattles. I dont know a what age bantams start laying or if my hen looks like she is anywhere near old enough to start laying but should I build them their own mini coop or are they ok in with the others. I dont know anything about bantams

This is my sweet little girl Molly

This is the cockerel that has started crowing

And this is the other cockerel

Your SDW look to be 4-5 months old. Hens are capable of laying at 5 months, but mine usually don't start laying well until the spring after they hatch. As long as there are no conflicts, they should be fine together.

Oh my I didnt realize they were that old. I dont have a nesting box for her in there. Should I put some straw over in a corner and hope she will set there if she starts laying?
Your SDW look to be 4-5 months old. Hens are capable of laying at 5 months, but mine usually don't start laying well until the spring after they hatch. As long as there are no conflicts, they should be fine together.

Typically that's the way it works. Oddly enough there is the odd one that pops out to look just like the one you have. In 2007 I had a golden sexlink rooster that looked almost identical to that one. I guess you and I were chosen to be the receiver of the odd colord ones, it helps keep life a bit more interesting.
smile.png
Yeah, i had a clearly female silver duckwing that would crow like our rooster, so i figured it was possible. with four chickens crowing, it's no wonder she started up too. lol I got her back in march, so she's about 4 months old? if she pops out an egg in the next few months, we'll find out which she is. Now i just have to figure out what those others i have are.

I have five bantams, three are SDW hens hatched this February 23, and two started laying this past weekend which made them 4.5 months The eggs are so tiny. Love the old English and the little rooster is an absolute hoot. Absolutely nothing phases him.

Last edited:
I have five bantams, three are SDW hens hatched this February 23, and two started laying this past weekend which made them 4.5 months The eggs are so tiny. Love the old English and the little rooster is an absolute hoot. Absolutely nothing phases him.
Well I do have to say that I got them being told I was getting something totally different but to be honest they are awesome birds..they are all so sweet and I love listening to the roos little crow...lol People come over and say WHAT WAS THAT.....I just laugh and say it is my little bantam roo...lol Loving them honestly

Back
Top Bottom