Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

The 1st roo is Black Breasted Red, the 2nd roo is Gold Duckwing, the darker hen on the left is Red Brown and the lighter hen on the right is the female Gold Duckwing...

This is Silver Duckwing hen...

The issue is that those aren't OEGB, or if they are they're not pure... their legs are all dark instead of white... I just wasn't sure if Dutch bantams had similar color variety names...

It's hard to tell colors from pictures but the gold and silver duckwing hens look very similar. I've been told mine are silver duckwing and they do have very pale legs. And the girls look like your picture, but not far off the other. Whatever, they are adorable and cute little birds. (I've become a big fan but don't tell my husband who bought them on the Q T.)

The 1st roo is Black Breasted Red, the 2nd roo is Gold Duckwing, the darker hen on the left is Red Brown and the lighter hen on the right is the female Gold Duckwing...

This is Silver Duckwing hen...

The issue is that those aren't OEGB, or if they are they're not pure... their legs are all dark instead of white... I just wasn't sure if Dutch bantams had similar color variety names...
thanks for your help! gives me hope on still selling some eggs. they really are beautiful birds and super friendly! im just not sure with my female...i havent found pic exactly like her

It's hard to tell colors from pictures but the gold and silver duckwing hens look very similar. I've been told mine are silver duckwing and they do have very pale legs.  And the girls look like your picture, but not far off the other.  Whatever, they are adorable and cute little birds.  (I've become a big fan but don't tell my husband who bought them on the Q T.)

They are awesome little birds... :)
Yes, the Silver and Gold look very similar, took me a while to tell the difference... on top of the females head, Silvers have very white feathers and the Golds have cream tipped feathers...

thanks for your help! gives me hope on still selling some eggs. they really are beautiful birds and super friendly! im just not sure with my female...i havent found  pic exactly like her

Which female? The dark one?

They are awesome little birds...
smile.png

Yes, the Silver and Gold look very similar, took me a while to tell the difference... on top of the females head, Silvers have very white feathers and the Golds have cream tipped feathers...
Which female? The dark one?

I went out this morning and looked at my little hens and they are all definitely all silver duckwings as is the rooster. Does this mean that all progeny will be silver duckwings?

I went out this morning and looked at my little hens and they are all definitely all silver duckwings as is the rooster.  Does this mean that all progeny will be silver duckwings?

Yes, that sure does! :)
And you'll be able to tell the boys from the girls as soon as the chicks feather out... boys will get black feathers in their chests and girls will have salmon feathers...

Back
Top Bottom