Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

SOOOO i got these guys from tsc in april. i think they may be ducth bantams because of the slate feet and blue lobes....thoughts anyone? i was told they were oegb because they didnt seem like they had the right features of dutch at 3 months

Got some pix!

Here's 2 of the babies.

As you can Tell both mamas are helping raise them. That being said, the other one abandoned her eggs that SHE was sitting on and we didn't get to them in time to put them in the incubator.
Here's all four.. ONe Lemon Blue or Black? not sure.. Came out of a Cross between a Brown Red and a Lemon Blue. Still new to breeding/genetics, sooo yeah. The other 3 I know are BB Reds.

And NOW ALL THREE OF MY LEMONS are broody.. But someone came out this morning with eggshell on her beak. Not sure If I should try to get them Unbroody (As one of my friends has borrowed them to take to fair this year, and if all 3 are broody come August 12th for fair that wouldn't be very good. and If they are eating the eggs... Why leave them sit? They get off the nest really easy, too.) or if I should just let them sit it out. MOm and I will probably candle them tonight and if they aren't developing we'll get rid of them and see if we cant break up these broodies. I'm not kidding we have 5 broody hens...All at once. Do they plan this stuff?

Poor rooster is like "what's going on?! Why don't you girls like me anymore?"

Got some pix! Here's 2 of the babies. As you can Tell both mamas are helping raise them. That being said, the other one abandoned her eggs that SHE was sitting on and we didn't get to them in time to put them in the incubator. Here's all four.. ONe Lemon Blue or Black? not sure.. Came out of a Cross between a Brown Red and a Lemon Blue. Still new to breeding/genetics, sooo yeah. The other 3 I know are BB Reds. And NOW ALL THREE OF MY LEMONS are broody.. But someone came out this morning with eggshell on her beak. Not sure If I should try to get them Unbroody (As one of my friends has borrowed them to take to fair this year, and if all 3 are broody come August 12th for fair that wouldn't be very good. and If they are eating the eggs... Why leave them sit? They get off the nest really easy, too.) or if I should just let them sit it out. MOm and I will probably candle them tonight and if they aren't developing we'll get rid of them and see if we cant break up these broodies. I'm not kidding we have 5 broody hens...All at once. Do they plan this stuff? Poor rooster is like "what's going on?! Why don't you girls like me anymore?"
First, very nice birds! Your dark chick should be a Brown Red, they usually look black or almost black as chicks... plus crossing Lemon Blue to Brown Red produces Lemon Blue and Brown Red, Lemon Blue over Lemon Blue produces Lemon Blues, Lemon Blue Sports and I think black... And if you want your birds in a show at a fair next month, then definitely break them... if they're broody when time comes, I wouldn't even try showing them... And yes, broodiness seems to be very contagious... I had 7 at once... :)

Last edited:

My ginger red oegb hen shes 1 year and two months old and she just hatched 2 chicks on Wednesday.

Once again, sorry for the silence. A ton of bumps and curves of life have kept me away. Found my camera cord, but now my camera isn't working. Just shut off without retracting the front lens part. Managed to get pictures of my chickens with my husband's phone. I believe not all of them are OEGB's, or even what breed they are. Sadly, my red polish passed this friday. The local breeder said it was a type of 'wasting disease'. She ate and ate, but never gained weight, or could hold down water. I'm confused on genders now, i've got four crowing, including my clearly female red sexlink.

Little Emmy, our sultan.

Not really sure what this one is, started out looking like a golden sebright, then its colors went haywire. This little beauty is named Echo.

This little spitfire is Snow. He was marked up exactly like a silver duckwing, but now...?

Was supposed to be a golden duckwing. Not sure now. This is little Speckle. Another broken crower.

Originally thought to be a black japanese, now we're unsure what this one is. It's bigger than the rest, and crows very horribly, like a crow mixed with a groan. lol This one's name is Nightwing.

My golden sebrights standing with my roo Silver Laced Cochin. I have silver sebrights too, but they're being held with another breeder till i get my bigger pen built. No names yet.

Clearly not an oegb, just wanted to show the 'momma' of these biddies, Phoenix the red sexlink. She keeps them all in line. Oddly, she crows too, though it more sounds like a 'uugh'. lol

Once again, sorry for the silence. A ton of bumps and curves of life have kept me away. Found my camera cord, but now my camera isn't working. Just shut off without retracting the front lens part. Managed to get pictures of my chickens with my husband's phone. I believe not all of them are OEGB's, or even what breed they are. Sadly, my red polish passed this friday. The local breeder said it was a type of 'wasting disease'. She ate and ate, but never gained weight, or could hold down water. I'm confused on genders now, i've got four crowing, including my clearly female red sexlink.

Originally thought to be a black japanese, now we're unsure what this one is. It's bigger than the rest, and crows very horribly, like a crow mixed with a groan. lol This one's name is Nightwing.

Looks like a black Sumatra.

Clearly not an oegb, just wanted to show the 'momma' of these biddies, Phoenix the red sexlink. She keeps them all in line. Oddly, she crows too, though it more sounds like a 'uugh'. lol

Looks like a rooster to me, that's why it's crowing.

Back
Top Bottom