Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Looking for information. I am trying to figure out if this is an Old English bantam and if so is it a hen or rooster? It came in a box of chicks that were given to me and it is the only one of its kind in my flock. I hope the pictures are good enough you can tell if not please let me know and I will take more. thank you.
That is a hen for sure, but something feels off for an OEGB, dunno why I can't put my finger on it, but hen yes...

Hatched these late in the season, or I should say, my lemon blue broodies hatched them.
They are gorgeous!! Good job, broody's... :)
Quote:
Only kept a few, and most of those are pretty little lemon blue splash pullets. Also wound up with 3 pairs of brassybacks, 1 normal, 2 blues. Ken Conaway line. Almost anything you breed to will affect your color somehow. What do you have?
My roos are currently: Self Blue Silver Duckwing Lemon Blue We had a coon take a few out before we got him... :/

Looking for information. I am trying to figure out if this is an Old English bantam and if so is it a hen or rooster? It came in a box of chicks that were given to me and it is the only one of its kind in my flock. I hope the pictures are good enough you can tell if not please let me know and I will take more. thank you.
Is she dubbed? That's what looks strange about her. Not built like an OEGB hen, and looks a little large.

They are gorgeous!! Good job, broody's... :)
My roos are currently:

Self Blue
Silver Duckwing
Lemon Blue

We had a coon take a few out before we got him... :/

Brassies are duckwings, so to keep the pattern, you could go that way. A BBR would be better than SDW. You'll just have to selectively breed back to your liking.

Brassies are duckwings, so to keep the pattern, you could go that way. A BBR would be better than SDW. You'll just have to selectively breed back to your liking.

Thank you, don't have BBR right now and would rather breed them to brassies, but haven't been able to get ahold of any good ones around here... they're great broody's, been raising my self Blues so they're keepers no matter what... may look next year for a decent cockerel or eggs...

She hasn't been dubbed, I got her same hatching day and we are to knew to chickens to even know of such. I'm not sure she is bantam perhaps she is a normal size? 

Can you get some pics from farther away to see size?

How much does she weigh? My OEGB hens top out at around a pound, little more, little less. They're tiny.

x2

My OEGB's are similar in size to C sized Seramas...

Thank you, don't have BBR right now and would rather breed them to brassies, but haven't been able to get ahold of any good ones around here... they're great broody's, been raising my self Blues so they're keepers no matter what... may look next year for a decent cockerel or eggs...

That's best. Too bad you're not closer, because I know a guy who breeds them (besides me) and he's got several nice cockerels available. He doesn't ship though.

Back
Top Bottom