Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Updating with the 7 little trouble makers at 13 days old today. Spunky, vigorous, and feisty, these BB banties are so much fun to watch!
Curious if there are any roos in this batch, but I think it's still too early to tell just yet.

Well I can't wait to hear what you got from Ideal. I was looking into their birds right around the time you ordered bit I didn't see blacks listed in the assortment and was really wanting another black roo.

So I hope you'll keep us up to date and share info about their temperaments and quality and colors of course. Maybe I might have to order some. Too bad you have to get 25 DH2B might kill be if I get that many "worthless chickens" lol

Well it's too bad you aren't closer because of give you this black one!

I can't do individual pictures until tomorrow after I've sent some of the others to their new home. These guys are quite skittish and I'm not used to that but normally I use heating pad caves but right now I'm having to use lights and I wonder if that's part of it. I have read some bits and pieces about lights causing behavioral changes. My bulbs are red reptile bulbs. Right now it is also a bit crowded and obviously that doesn't help.

Wish you lived close, because I'm the proud owner of 7 black Barnes and Reid line roos. About 4-5 would be welcome to find new (but good) homes.

Thank you guys I wish I was close enough to give some of your guy's birds good homes. You're killing me! Lol of course there's no one around me with any so idk where I'll find some. Eventually I would like to have BBS and self blue maybe with Isabel. I've seen some other really beautiful pictures too. And maybe sdw. Oh let's face it they're addicting. I wish I could make an order for 25 oegb and grow them all out and then choose but I wouldn't really know what to do with all my little spare cockerals.

I worry about giving them away or selling them BC I don't want the to be used for fighting. Of course none of my males would be any good for fighting as they're all so docile.

I still miss Mickey a ton and I think Minnie does too but she has seemed to buddy up with my sdw roo Draco any idea what I could get from that mix? Or a blue brassy hen with the sdw roo?

To think we stumbled into oegb on accident our first year when we were in the feed store they had a tiny little oegb chick in the bantam bin that wasn't doing well and they kept having to rescue him from being trampled. We didn't get him free in spite of him not being able to stand up completely BC he was so weak. We nursed him back to health and he became Nugget our BBR boy who found a new home. Then in our silkie order we got a self blue oegb egg as a bonus and that fall we were given two black oegb eggs by a friend who's dad raised show quality blacks but idk what lines. Both those black eggs hatched and I got my perfect pair until we lost Mickey to the predator assumed fox.

There are two orange big with black head dots like this

Two yellow like this

Two similar to this... Mille Fleur maybe

This one that I hope someone recognizes

One white

Two or three blue with orange faces

Two black

A bunch of different chipmunk variations that include my spangled

The is also a dark blue I missed and one that is either splash or self blue I think.

Sorry, I didn't realize the flash was washing them out so bad.

Last edited:

Updating with the 7 little trouble makers at 13 days old today. Spunky, vigorous, and feisty, these BB banties are so much fun to watch!
Curious if there are any roos in this batch, but I think it's still too early to tell just yet.
Creles? The silver headed guy standing up (second from the right) in the first pic is a male. I'd say the two behind him are females.

Creles? The silver headed guy standing up (second from the right) in the first pic is a male. I'd say the two behind him are females.
I'm not sure about creles, I was told they were Black Breasted (Red?) Old English, but it's possible. Thank you!
I would agree. I see 2 that look like roos, and several pullets. Eye stripes in duckwings are a good indicator of sex, along with size. Roos will also have thicker, more sturdy looking legs and feet.
Thanks! And those are the two that have been "boxing" around the brooder. I'll continue to watch them develop. Good thing I have a few roo homes lined up already...

11 days old vs 14 days

This is the one I'm most suspicious of being male.

Last edited:
Quote:
goodpost.gif
X2

Quote: I have Creles and yours looked similar to mine when they were that age...lol. Boxing...sounds like males....lol.
Both sexes are SO incredibly personable...it's good you have homes lined up. I didn't advertise mine right away and I ended up keeping them all....
gig.gif
Just love 'em to death. Such sweeties!

goodpost.gif
X2

I have Creles and yours looked similar to mine when they were that age...lol. Boxing...sounds like males....lol.
Both sexes are SO incredibly personable...it's good you have homes lined up. I didn't advertise mine right away and I ended up keeping them all....
gig.gif
Just love 'em to death. Such sweeties!
If they swear to be very quiet and not tell anyone they are roosters they could probably stay! But city ordinances and permits tell me no... Hopefully I don't fall too much more in love with the lil fellas, otherwise... I might have to invest in those silly no-crow collars.
lol.png

My big guys crow considerably more I'd say. I never hear the OEGBs crowing at 3am. They do chime in just to show they can do it too.
On their own, I don't think my little guys would crow much. They sure talk a lot though. Incredibly vocal.
Mine do most of their business that way. I love when they complain.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom