Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Colors?

Black tail buff?

Crele pullet?

No idea... Mahogany maybe?

Brown red?

I agree on the first 2. 3rd is probably BBR or Wheaton. What was the down color of the last chick, and what color are his legs? BRs are hard to differentiate from blacks until the hackle starts coming in.

I didn't even think of Wheaten and BBR was my other guess.

The last one was all black and I thought it was going to be a black chick until that gold started coming in on the neck. I have another that had black down with silver coming in on the neck that I think is probably birchen. I just wasn't sure how to interpret the gold on this guy. His legs are slate. I was trying to go through and band and inventory everyone so I can start listing them all for sale. I have a couple more that are odd that I thought I took pictures of but I guess I missed. I'll get those two when I get home and post them. It looks like I might have 15 males and 13 females :/

I agree on the first 2. 3rd is probably BBR or Wheaton. What was the down color of the last chick, and what color are his legs? BRs are hard to differentiate from blacks until the hackle starts coming in.

Could they possibly be spangled? I did order 5 spangled and if these are not spangled then I only have two, although I could have lost the other spangled ones.

Update NVM I found a male spangled in the group. I have a pair so I guess the other three were among those that died.

Last edited:
This girl had chick down like a black tailed buff but she's feathering out so strange. Any ideas?

I thought she was self blue or pearl but her chest is light yellow. Either way she's a keeper, just wondering what her final look might be. She did not look self blue as a chick (no dark beak like I usually see on them)

Just confirming she is silver duckwing...

This is my oddball lemon headed crele. So far no comb but the I'm pretty sure it's a male...

My only spangled male

My first guess on the next pair was light chocolate but now I am thinking fawn silver duckwing. Sound right?

Black tailed red?

Last edited:
My little banty is two weeks and weighs almost an ounce. The others don't pick on it but it just does it's own thing most of the time by itself. It is way smaller than the other bantys and seems to sleep way more than the others but is quite the character when it's awake. Is it normal to exert itself so much being so little?

Last edited:
My little banty is two weeks and weighs almost an ounce. The others don't pick on it but it just does it's own thing most of the time by itself. It is way smaller than the other bantys and seems to sleep way more than the others but is quite the character when it's awake. Is it normal to exert itself so much being so little?

That's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom