Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I already do!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I have 4 adults aged 3 and two..., my black OEGB, Nelly, my self blue, Pigeon, my GDW, Turkey, and my bb red, Henny Penny
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

Their probably my favorite out of all my breeds! I thought Harriet was a BB red. What color is she?

I had forgotten about all of those!! You already have a nice little pile of OEGBs!

Harriett is mixed color, I believe. She was a few months old when I got her (and some sisters). I think she's closer to ginger red, but not exactly right for that either. I don't mind, she's such a good broody momma, she has a forever-home at my place.

This was from last summer's brood. You can see where she is missing some toes. She doesn't let it stop her in the least.
(I got her right about the time Oz cut off half his thumb. Ozzie - Harriett!)
lol.png

I had forgotten about all of those!! You already have a nice little pile of OEGBs! Harriett is mixed color, I believe. She was a few months old when I got her (and some sisters). I think she's closer to ginger red, but not exactly right for that either. I don't mind, she's such a good broody momma, she has a forever-home at my place. This was from last summer's brood. You can see where she is missing some toes. She doesn't let it stop her in the least. (I got her right about the time Oz cut off half his thumb. Ozzie - Harriett!) :lol:
Lol, now I remember her! Forget how she lost her toes, we could never forget how Oz lost his thumb. That was all about the same time when I accidentally amputated Eve's toe... Shut the cage door on it and didn't notice til the next morning. She didn't get caught so to speak or that woulda been obvious! Lol What blows my mind is how TINY these little ones are! And their leg bones are like toothpicks but much more fragile of course! Harriett's beautiful! My grown ones are smaller than her, but their incredibly sweet! And very smart! Especially Nelly, my little black hen
2764.png

Last edited:
Interesting. I have six that are five weeks old and haven't seen any red combs yet. There's no way I could be so lucky lol. I will have to recheck them when I get home. ETA now that I think about it I also have some splash rosecombs that are only a few days older and the males are very very obvious, as are my cochin bantams. Maybe I am that lucky! Wow!

I can't speak for any lines but my own. I know these birds, and have hatched a lot of them. I'd think at 5 weeks it'd be noticeable. I do get an occasional one that develops late.

Back
Top Bottom