Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Gorgeous!
Could just be the camera lighting making one look lighter color, but the stripes look nice a crisp like females usually do. :D

I think it's a different variety than the other 2. It's a "tweener". If it's a roo, you should be able to see pink in the comb at about 2 weeks, and around 3 weeks it should start getting red.

I purchased all of my chicks between $2.99-$3.50, seemed pretty fair for day-olds and those less than a week old.

That's cheap. I'd guess mixed color varieties for that price.

I think it's a different variety than the other 2. It's a "tweener". If it's a roo, you should be able to see pink in the comb at about 2 weeks, and around 3 weeks it should start getting red.

X2

I'm thinking these are OEGB. Purchased from a tank labeled bantams. What do you all think?

MissAm! :frow cute little boogers, aren't they? :D You will love them, I swear!

I already do! :love. :love. :love
I have 4 adults aged 3 and two..., my black OEGB, Nelly, my self blue, Pigeon, my GDW, Turkey, and my bb red, Henny Penny
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

Their probably my favorite out of all my breeds! I thought Harriet was a BB red. What color is she?

Yes, they look like it to me!

@newhobbie
 They are still pretty young. I believe on rose combs you can count the number of rows on the comb, though, and males will have more rows (three I think v two).

My Golden Sebrights are easily sexable by comb redness at 3 weeks, though you'll occasionally get a late bloomer.

My Golden Sebrights are easily sexable by comb redness at 3 weeks, though you'll occasionally get a late bloomer.

Interesting. I have six that are five weeks old and haven't seen any red combs yet. There's no way I could be so lucky lol. I will have to recheck them when I get home. ETA now that I think about it I also have some splash rosecombs that are only a few days older and the males are very very obvious, as are my cochin bantams. Maybe I am that lucky! Wow!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom