Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gameboygal12, Mar 18, 2010.

1. blackTNgiants

blackTNgiants Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Gallatin / Portland TN,
    i purchased a few chicks today from a lady that said they are "game bantams" she also said she doesnt know anything about Bantams the coloring makes me think they may be Golden Seabrights. I was wondering if any of yall might raise seabrights and could tell me if this is what they look like at 3 weeks old or if i am just wishing ..middle and left in picture

Thanks
    [​IMG]
    Purchased this one on monday is this a Black Tailed Buff
    [​IMG]

2. TW1Kell

TW1Kell Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    loveourbirds. The pics that I've seen of "Lemon Blues" were much lighter blue. A lot like my LG roo. But, I was told "This is a lemon blue" in this thread, and the pic looked identical to my LG roo, soooo I was a bit confused. The yellow/blonde of his hackle/neck didn't show well in my camera pics, so maybe that was it? I never received another comment from that poter, after I posted what I just wrote. Bantams are really a lot of fun as they tend toward being so much more "tame-able"/ Mine seem to want attention and petting much more than my larger birds. being the "Flower Garden of the Poultry World" doesn't hurt a bit.

3. TW1Kell

TW1Kell Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    Sorry, those look nothing like either my Goldens are Silvers. I don't see the lacing that a Sebright has from the very 1st feathers.

4. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    that lemon blue is a little lighter blue than he appears in that pic. about the same blue as the brassy blue. my lemon blue does have some yellow lacing on the breast, the picture shows that. im not sure if that's good or bad, give me a few minutes to smoke a cigarette and look it up and ill let you know how Baldwin's describes it.

5. blackTNgiants

Apr 12, 2013
    Gallatin / Portland TN,
    Thanks for the help.. i know nothing about seabrights, i just seen the colors and took a chance they was very cheap so i will raise them and see what they turn into.. hmm i wonder if they might be Quail ?

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  6. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    face, dark mulberry
    eyes, dark
    beak, dark
    shanks and toes, leaden blue
    head, lemon
    neckhackle, back, saddle, and wing bows, lustrous blue, each and every feather evenly laced with lemon.
    front of neck and breast, slate blue, each and every feather evenly laced with lemon free from lemon shafting
    sickles, hangers, coverts lustrous blue
    tail proper, slate blue, all other plumage sections slate blue

7. old for h lover

old for h lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2013
    Estacada .OR
    [​IMG]what color is he???

8. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    just a guess I would think its a young brassy back.

9. blackTNgiants

Apr 12, 2013
    Gallatin / Portland TN,
    Does anyone know of OEG show breeders in TN ??

10. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008

Fawn duckwing old English male
    Blue old English female
    Golden campaine male

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by