Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics
Silver duckwing cock

This is a spangled pair I picked up for my daughters 4-H project this year. I'm not very familiar with OEGB's as this is my first ones. So what do you more experienced folks think? Think she'll do OK in a small county fair with the cockerel?

This is a spangled pair I picked up for my daughters 4-H project this year. I'm not very familiar with OEGB's as this is my first ones. So what do you more experienced folks think? Think she'll do OK in a small county fair with the cockerel?
His back is a little long and you need to dub him soon :) the hen is cute I can't tell the quality of her though :)

Quote: Thanks for the input. It's appreciated. I've been reading everything and anything I can order or get from the library or web on OEGB's. Yet, I can't really find anyone local to talk to with any experience. My daughter is the only kid in her 4-H club that is doing poultry this year. So no assistance there, not with the "Fancy Poultry" project. I'm doing the best I can, but I'm afraid to dub him myself. I've never dubbed anything, let alone something that's about to be an exhibit bird. It makes me nervous to think about doing it myself. I've read from multiple sources how to do it, but reading and doing is 2 different things. I'm a nurse, I'm not afraid to do it, blood/gore, I'm just afraid of the fact "you can take more off, but you can't put any back on." LOL

Back
Top Bottom