1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gameboygal12, Mar 18, 2010.

1. katzbantams

katzbantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    Hi! im new to this thread.. so HII!!! lol hear izza pic of my first group of hatched oeb, I gave the 2 hens and a roo away
    [​IMG]

here is Cheeko, my boy!(1 of the roos I kept)
    [​IMG]
    here is another pic, I think this one is of Broady lol
    [​IMG]
    they changed a lot since they were babies

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. TW1Kell

TW1Kell Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    Another option is the way that I keep my breeders separated from my yard collection/egg producers; I build tractors. I currently have 7 of them. My Bantam tractors are mostly 2'hx2'wx8'l. The back 2' is a box where they get out of the weather and roost. They cost around $50 for the Bantam-sized, and can hold a couple or trio, very nicely. Easy to move around to keep from killing grass and they fertilize and help mow the grass. For standard, I build them 2.5'hx4'wx8'l, and have gone to making a box built up onto the top of the run but hanging off the back so they don't poop all over there feed and water. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow as I really love the way it all works out. It also keeps me from having a lot birds that never get "ground time". Main drawback is that as I find a breed that I want, I have to have another tractor. I call them my "Chicken Trailer Park". The chickens always get so interested when they see me building a new one. It's like they watch, inspect, and discuss who's getting a new home. They're hilarious. They remind me of old gossipers the way they do. The gang that ranges in the afternoons will walk all thru the new tractor inspecting and all. they're just like humans house shopping.

3. rowdybear

rowdybear Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Is this little guy am OEGB and if so what kind is he?

4. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Thanks for the advice! I may well keep them in a tractor. Any chance of free ranging? Will the two groups of birds just kind of avoid each other? It's just that if they fight the little guy is gonna get flayed, so I'd rather avoid that.

Also, what would happen if I crossed the red pyle cockerel with the porcelain pullet? Just kind of curious what the chicks would look like.

5. katzbantams

Jun 22, 2013
    Wow, he's really pretty, a ginger red old English bantam came to mind when I saw him, if you go to google or bing look it up. Their chest is like golden but in their back the golden starts turning black or red so I think it might be one of those. [​IMG] I might be wrong though.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  6. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    I wondered if it was quail, but not seeing the back its hard to tell.

7. 1chicken fan

1chicken fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Canby, Oregon
    I have a crele and a b.b.r. Combo that as a chick looked a lot like your guy! Mine too would perch on my hand! Oegb are so great with people:)

8. MoodyBroody622

MoodyBroody622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Scribner, Nebraska
    [​IMG]
    Paris is a Silver Duckwing Old English game bantam. I love this breed and have had amazing luck with them. My first one's name was Daisy and she looked just like Paris. I recently bought 3 hens at an auction and am now rethinking my theory that they were Japanese, here they are:

[​IMG]
    This is Lemon. DeLaney, DeLacey and Lemon are sisters... okay maybe not litterally but they are totally best friends! Lemon is the adventurer she always comes and follows me around a do chores. She hangs out with my call ducks,but she avoids the coop of hens that are her age and older. Instead she spends her time with one of her sisters DeLacey, in the coop with my 3 month old pullets and cockerel.
    [​IMG]
    This is DeLaney she is honestly the prettiest of the three hens I bought at the auction. She has a quiet friendly and shy personality.

[​IMG]
    This is DeLacey. She is DeLaney's opposite. They are opposite in color, social abilities, and personality. DeLacey is sweet but is still getting used to people. She wont socialize with chickens her age or older, she always hangs out with the pullets.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  9. katzbantams

Jun 22, 2013
    They are all beautiful with their colors, and their personalities sound wonderful :) what gorgeous birds [​IMG]

10. zach N houdan

zach N houdan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    the first girl from auction is a wheaten, the second looks like a spangled and the third looks like a mille fleur with too much white

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by