Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gameboygal12, Mar 18, 2010.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana

2. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    I would love a bantam Phoenix Roo as a yard ornament. No one near me has them. :(

3. wessfarm

wessfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2011
    Nice black roo

4. Jeansrie

Jeansrie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Hi all. I am new to chickens. I have a 4-month old chocolate OEG pullet. She is my only bantam and I just love her personality. I'm attaching a picture, could she be shown locally? She is from a hatchery and I have no idea what I'm looking at when it comes to faults. Thanks in advance for any insight![​IMG]

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    She is pretty. She is decent looking but I dont know if i dont know if I would call her show quaility. What are you wanting to show her in 4-H?

6. Jeansrie

May 12, 2013
    Broken Arrow, OK

I don't have any idea, haha. My oldest just turned 5 and joined 4H only a couple months ago, it's all new to us! Thank you for getting back to me.

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    For 4-h she would be just fine. Most 4-h kids get their birds from hatcheries. How is you 5 year old already in 4-h? Where i live you join 4-h when you are in third grade (not sure what age that is). Before then you can only be in mini 4-h and cant show livestock. In the local 4-h mini 4hers can only do things like arts and crafts and posters.

8. Jeansrie

May 12, 2013
    Broken Arrow, OK

I'm sure it's the same kind of thing, just a mini 4H - they call it "Cloverbuds". Wouldn't mind learning the ropes of showing a bird myself :)

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Quite a few people have threads about it. Very informative. You could also pm people on here from your area and ask them advice.

10. royb

royb New Egg

Oct 5, 2013
    New to Old English Bantams. Could someone help me out with the color of these? Ive been told Silver Duck wing but I just don't see it. They are right at 5 months old.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by