Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gameboygal12, Mar 18, 2010.

1. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    The hen looks like a silver ginger. The male looks more silver duckwing but with lots of spots on his chest. I think someone was doing a breeding experiment to get silver ginger duckwings or something like that. I really like the color a lot. The hen has silver duckwing in the wings.

2. 1chicken fan

1chicken fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Canby, Oregon
    I am in Oregon in the Portland metro area and need to rehome all my oegb's. Please pm me if interested I have brown reds and a pair ( roo and hen) blacks and also two spangled hens.

3. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchaholic Extrordinaire and Team Tube Feeding XO

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Well, one of my pullets was naughty today. Imagine the surprise my cousin and his work partner got while redoing my roof when a tiny chicken climbed up the ladder after them and landed on my cousin's shoulder. Naughty little Juliet. It's a good thing she's so pretty and sweet.

4. chickenlady099

chickenlady099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2013
    antelope, california
    would you ship im in sacramento california and would be intrested in the spangled hens

5. TravisE

TravisE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    what color are these oegbs? i just got them today. the pic of the rooster does him no justice. he does look better than the pic shows. these where the pics i was sent. befor i got them.
    [​IMG]
    here is the mother hen. and the rooster is the father.
    [​IMG]
    here is her chicks at around 4 months old. i have 3.
    [​IMG]

6. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    the rooster is silver duckwing.
    the hen im not sure of, there are colors i havent owned. it appears to be a silver duckwing cross, but im not sure. silver duckwing hens have a salmon colored chest and usually a double penciling in the wing. someone else may come along and more.

7. TravisE

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    thanks for the info. around a year ago i had some oegbs mix with seabrights. i ended up selling them. and i ended up regretting it. so when i seen these i got them. i also got a porcelain hen. if i crossed it with the rooster what color would they be?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  8. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    i think it the porcelain will fade the black and add in some buff or red streaking, but im not sure. how far are you from ohio? i have an extra silver duckwing pullet.

9. TravisE

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    im in southern wv. so fairly far. but thanks for the offer

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  10. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    there are some OEGB's in W.VA. near Huntington. their last name is workman, and they have some pretty nice birds. i wish i could help you more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by