Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gameboygal12, Mar 18, 2010.

1. bhj123

bhj123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    I just brought this wheaten duo. The female is blue wheaten.

2. bhj123

Nov 13, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Here's the rooster in the picture above.

3. fishsticks

fishsticks Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2013
    Southern, In
    [​IMG]

4. bhj123

Nov 13, 2013
    Your dub job is gorgeous. It's show worthy.

5. Jillian12

Jillian12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    Visalia, California
    I just found this thread. Beautiful birds everyone. Here are some silver and fawn-silver duckwings. I have creles in the incubator as well and can't wait!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Love this guy!

7. mountaintopchicken

mountaintopchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Hi, I tried posting this question under the breeders section but I didn't get any replies, so I thought I would try here where the oeg people are already hanging out :).

Who are the really good breeders who are contactable to get stock from? I am especially interested in crele. I went to the OEG club website hoping to find a breeders directory like the Ameraucana club has, but couldn't find any. I would love some leads.

8. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    your best bet is to go to a chicken show and find the birds you are looking for- keeping in mind they are sometimes vaccinated and carriers of disease. (keep them seperate from other chickens). OEGB's are probably the most widely shown breed, it shouldnt be hard to find a good trio for around $60.00.

when you order from a breeder, order at least 40 chicks to get a "good" trio, or 120 chicks from a reputable breeder to get a trio that will place in shows. most breeders run this ratio when selecting their show birds.

the last method would be to order 20 or so chicks and select a good trio, then breed for about 3 years to get to show quality.

crele is really hard to get right, they should have a barred and not cuckoo appearance (lines should be straight in the feathers). old english type, with proper spur set and head shape is hard to achieve. keep in mind there is no such thing as a perfect chicken.

9. fishsticks

fishsticks Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2013
    Southern, In
    Finaly getting some eggs out of my birds. Still getting down to below 30 at night but i think I'm alright. My breeding pens are under heat bulbs. Looks as though spring is ready to break here in the ohio river valley . (S. Indiana)

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I haven't gotten an egg since they first layed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by