Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics

And my blue OEGB. (She's special)

She's gorgeous! Love the black one!! Is that a baby from Mrs. G?

No they are from mrs. McCollum
But I think we will let mrs. G borrow her for a bit when she is ready to hatch another batch.
I wish I could upload video on here. Today the two of them were pecking at the bottom of my clear plastic salad bowl for good minute before they realized the lettuce was on the inside.....
As soon as I start to think they are smarter than I credit them for being they do something that makes me seriously reconsider.

Last edited:
This is my first time with bantams and I think that one of my chicks is an OEG, I just wish I knew the variety.
What do you guys think?
(Never mind the human hand in the photos, Iv'e determined that chicks don't like to have their pictures taken)

This is my first time with bantams and I think that one of my chicks is an OEG, I just wish I knew the variety.
What do you guys think?
(Never mind the human hand in the photos, Iv'e determined that chicks don't like to have their pictures taken)

Looks like BBred (black breasted red). Cutie!

Getting red comb at 4 weeks? Hatchery stock OEGB. I got this OEGB chick, along with 3 d'uccle. I've been thinking pullet... but her comb is turning red already - at 4 weeks. Is this normal, or do I have a cockerel? Feathers look good for pullet though.
hu.gif

Here are some growth pictures (days, 3 week, and three 4 week pics):

days old - in the back middle:

3 weeks - comb line dark pink (though not large):

4 weeks (slightly larger comb than at 3 weeks, still dark pink):

4 weeks -comb

4 weeks -back/feathers

Also ... I was told by the hatchery the OEGB options were "Red Pyle, Brown, & Silver Duckwing". Well, its not red pyle. Do you think Brown Red, or Silver duckwing pullet? Though I got one from them last year - and it was BB red cockerel.

I haven't had too many OEGB's over the years, so any help would be welcomed. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom