Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Can't remember if I posted these.....

I'm so happy to find this page! After searching and searching for BBR even ordering some that took 3 mnths ugg :( I not only got my chicks but I found a mating trio a roo and 2 hens! Plus my trio's first hatchlings are under my broody and going to hatch here shortly! So excited for this breed I've been admiring them for so long!

Hello. Took me a few days, but i've read all 154 pages here. I gotta say, you all have amazing oegb's. I just finally got the chance to get back into them and the joy of coddling these cuties, i really missed it after 10 years of not being anywhere i could have em. I'm still getting back into it, but i've got a couple so far. I think they're mixes from the local breeder's off season mix yard. I got a golden duckwing, what i thought was a silver, now i'm uncertain, a black japanese, an unknown speckled like one. I also have a LF Golden Star Sexlink from either cackle or murry, not positive. Then a white silkie and a buff looking polish. All hens and pics will come hopefully tomorrow when i get a new sd card for my camera.

Hello. Took me a few days, but i've read all 154 pages here. I gotta say, you all have amazing oegb's. I just finally got the chance to get back into them and the joy of coddling these cuties, i really missed it after 10 years of not being anywhere i could have em. I'm still getting back into it, but i've got a couple so far. I think they're mixes from the local breeder's off season mix yard. I got a golden duckwing, what i thought was a silver, now i'm uncertain, a black japanese, an unknown speckled like one. I also have a LF Golden Star Sexlink from either cackle or murry,  not positive. Then a white silkie and a buff looking polish. All hens and pics will come hopefully tomorrow when i get a new sd card for my camera.

Welcome back to chickens =)

Quote: Well, unfortunately, he was DQ'd for being a "mixed breed". I know for sure that he isn't, I bred him and own his parents, but that just tells me he is poor quality.

I have been thinking lately that I should probably stop raising OEGB's. They require a lot of work and skill and space to breed, and dubbing is just something that I could not do on my own.
tongue.png
This is a very tough decision for me, and I will probably be very slow to do it, but I will be keeping a choice few that mean a lot to me.

I think no matter how long you've had chickens, every day is a learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom