Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Guys I need help my young old English bantam rooster is acting very wierd yesterday when we went to feed them he was being very aggressive then 3 hours later his comb went purple so I moved him with a hen he has been with for is whole life but she had chicks so I moved her so anyway normally when you would put a rooster in the world go after the hen but he just stood there for 10 minutes with his tail low and just having body shocks it was very wierd overnight he ended up on the perch to me finding him this morning on the floor in the nestbox I am getting worried the others he was with are very healthy its wierd because his dad died like this but I thought it was a one off turns out not I need help here are some photos of him and also I was wondering the young pair on the photo is a blue gold duckwing pair please help

Last edited:
Wow, they are lovely and he's a handsome boy. Did you check his crop? Is he eating and drinking?

I'm guessing its not something specific to old English, I'd ask in the emergencies and diseases forum. Good luck with him!!

Guys I need help my young old English bantam rooster is acting very wierd yesterday when we went to feed them he was being very aggressive then 3 hours later his comb went purple so I moved him with a hen he has been with for is whole life but she had chicks so I moved her so anyway normally when you would put a rooster in the world go after the hen but he just stood there for 10 minutes with his tail low and just having body shocks it was very wierd overnight he ended up on the perch to me finding him this morning on the floor in the nestbox I am getting worried the others he was with are very healthy its wierd because his dad died like this but I thought it was a one off turns out not I need help here are some photos of him and also I was wondering the young pair on the photo is a blue gold duckwing pair please help

No matter what he's come down with, keeping him feeding and drinking will greatly increase his chances of survival. Even just a little.

What does he feel like when you pick him up? What do his droppings look like? Solid or watery? Bloody or oddly colored? Do they smell normal? Is his head droopy?

Roo is a blue golden duckwing. Hen looks more like a blue SDW to me, but could very well be a blue golden.

Last edited:
He hasn't pooped and he has a very full crop he might be constipated don't no will leave him by himself he has food and water so he should be fine though and I agree with the colours was just double checking can't wait to breed them this spring

k
He hasn't pooped and he has a very full crop he might be constipated don't no will leave him by himself he has food and water so he should be fine though and I agree with the colours was just double checking can't wait to breed them this spring

He may have a blockage in his crop or a sour crop. Is there an unusual odor coming from his mouth? Post his symptoms on the emergency thread for better advice than I could give. Hope he's going to be alright.

Closeup.

There are 3 blacks, 4 lemon blues, 3 blue brassyback's, 2 brown reds, and a white in this brooder. Believe it or not, I call tell them all apart.

One black line crossed over another.

Closeup.

There are 3 blacks, 4 lemon blues, 3 blue brassyback's, 2 brown reds, and a white in this brooder. Believe it or not, I call tell them all apart.

One black line crossed over another.

I love them all!
love.gif
The crossed black one is super fabulous!!

Is the little chipmunk a brown red?? I have a friend that just locked down some of my mixed eggs. SDW male, over the SDW female, and some mixed females. I haven't even hatched any of them myself, so I'm very curious what they will come out looking like.

I love them all!  :love   The crossed black one is super fabulous!! 

Is the little chipmunk a brown red??   I have a friend that just locked down some of my mixed eggs.  SDW male, over the SDW female, and some mixed females.  I haven't even hatched any of them myself, so I'm very curious what they will come out looking like.

Brown reds are the "blackest" chicks I hatch. Almost jet black at hatching, far more so than the blacks. The chipmunk one is a blue brassy. They hatch showing almost no blue, very similar to all duckwing chicks.

Back
Top Bottom