Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

this is my favorite rooster, Pecan
big_smile.png

All info interesting and much good advice. Invariably, at some point, one brings in new blood for one reason or another. I am going to assume the only sane way to do it is to buy hens. But you also have new hatches, not only several perhaps during one season, but many over several seasons. How do you handle saving cockerels and still having the older ones around?

Also I'd be interested in if roosters are docile and friendly or if they have a high ratio of aggression. Thanks.

BTW, where in WV are you WV duckchick? I'm in Hampshire Co.

Home in Wood Co. which is where all my bantams are. Farm in Jackson Co, my large fowl are there. Ducks at both places lol. Nice to have another WVian around!

Oh, I just remembered, I had one rooster that HATED my red food scoop. Just the red one. He would fly up and try to flog it in my hand. Not me, just the scoop. Something about the red I guess. :D

He's still a doll no matter what. One of my OEGB cockerels looks like an OEGB, the other has feather stubble on his legs. Definitely not an OEGB trait. I talked to our Amish neighbor that gave me the eggs and sure enough, he had a little Cochin bantam along with the OEGBs. I don't love Pepper any less. His feather stubble on his legs makes him unique. If I could find Dutch Bantams around me I'd grab em up in a New York Minute. As it is, it's hard enough finding any OEGBs.

"Big Chicky", the largest and brightest of the 7 BB Old English chicks I picked up last Saturday. Very brave and alert, always has an eye on me and ate some mash off of my finger the other day. No one told me how spunky these birds could be, I love it!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom