Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I just got 5 Crele, 5 Spangled, and 25 Assorted in the mail yesterday. The white and black are obvious but I will be posting pics for help identifying the rest, probably when I get home from work today.

ETA OEGBs are my favorite breed so far, and I have about 25 breeds. I have a Red Pyle cockerel that is my friendliest bird so far. I also have a Mille Fleur pullet he was raised with, a BB Red hen, and a silver duckwing pullet. It's going to be very hard for me to pick which of these chicks to keep.

Last edited:
He's still a doll no matter what. One of my OEGB cockerels looks like an OEGB, the other has feather stubble on his legs. Definitely not an OEGB trait. I talked to our Amish neighbor that gave me the eggs and sure enough, he had a little Cochin bantam along with the OEGBs. I don't love Pepper any less. His feather stubble on his legs makes him unique. If I could find Dutch Bantams around me I'd grab em up in a New York Minute. As it is, it's hard enough finding any OEGBs.

Didn't mean it in a bad way. I love them all, no matter what.

"Big Chicky", the largest and brightest of the 7 BB Old English chicks I picked up last Saturday. Very brave and alert, always has an eye on me and ate some mash off of my finger the other day. No one told me how spunky these birds could be, I love it!
love.gif

Beautiful!!

new color for me I'm trying to breed.

Very nice!

I just got 5 Crele, 5 Spangled, and 25 Assorted in the mail yesterday. The white and black are obvious but I will be posting pics for help identifying the rest, probably when I get home from work today.

yippiechickie.gif

I was investigating this breed, to read the cockerels had to be separated very young in order to keep from bloodshed or worse. It pretty well stopped my pursuit as I've been down that road before. That's why I was interested how the cockerels and roosters were kept, handled, and how them were to keep in general. Let's face it, in a good year you get about half cockerels in a hatch.

This is not true. Cockerels raised together usually have few issues. I even have pens where roos are moved in and out that do fine. Just don't put 2 or more together and walk away until you see how they are going to interact.

new color for me I'm trying to breed.

What color is that? It's very striking! :)
It's not self blue is it? The hen looks a little like my self blue girl but lighter. I've never seen a self blue cock in person.

ETA OEGBs are my favorite breed so far, and I have about 25 breeds. I have a Red Pyle cockerel that is my friendliest bird so far. I also have a Mille Fleur pullet he was raised with, a BB Red hen, and a silver duckwing pullet. It's going to be very hard for me to pick which of these chicks to keep. 

Oh boy I would love love love you to bring me your extras! Can't wait to find out what you got. :) where did you order them from again?

Last edited:
It's self blue, I have two and love the color, when I ordered chicks I didn't get any hens so I bred the roosters to a bbred hen and got two hens just like that
1f60a.png

What color is that? It's very striking! :)
It's not self blue is it? The hen looks a little like my self blue girl but lighter. I've never seen a self blue cock in person.

Oh boy I would love love love you to bring me your extras! Can't wait to find out what you got.
smile.png
where did you order them from again?

The 25 assorted and my red pyle and silver duckwing are all from Ideal Poultry. The Mille Fleur is from a breeder and is the only one that made it out of a dozen shipped eggs. The BBR is also from another breeder and I drove up and got her along with some other birds. I got a blue with her but she died after just a week. Luckily the necropsy did not turn up anything suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom