Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

The 25 assorted and my red pyle and silver duckwing are all from Ideal Poultry. The Mille Fleur is from a breeder and is the only one that made it out of a dozen shipped eggs. The BBR is also from another breeder and I drove up and got her along with some other birds. I got a blue with her but she died after just a week. Luckily the necropsy did not turn up anything suspicious. 

Well I can't wait to hear what you got from Ideal. I was looking into their birds right around the time you ordered bit I didn't see blacks listed in the assortment and was really wanting another black roo.

So I hope you'll keep us up to date and share info about their temperaments and quality and colors of course. Maybe I might have to order some. Too bad you have to get 25 DH2B might kill be if I get that many "worthless chickens" lol

My favorite birds to hang out with
2764.png

Well, all my first batch of Crele eggs were infertile, save one. Almost tossed it because it looked like it was ringing out. Decided to give it a few more days, and it's definitely still going. Every Bielefelder egg I put in is fertile and looking good. Set another batch of Creles, Bielefelders and Cream Legbars tonight.

Well I can't wait to hear what you got from Ideal. I was looking into their birds right around the time you ordered bit I didn't see blacks listed in the assortment and was really wanting another black roo.

So I hope you'll keep us up to date and share info about their temperaments and quality and colors of course. Maybe I might have to order some. Too bad you have to get 25 DH2B might kill be if I get that many "worthless chickens" lol

Well it's too bad you aren't closer because of give you this black one!

I can't do individual pictures until tomorrow after I've sent some of the others to their new home. These guys are quite skittish and I'm not used to that but normally I use heating pad caves but right now I'm having to use lights and I wonder if that's part of it. I have read some bits and pieces about lights causing behavioral changes. My bulbs are red reptile bulbs. Right now it is also a bit crowded and obviously that doesn't help.

Last edited:

Wish you lived close, because I'm the proud owner of 7 black Barnes and Reid line roos. About 4-5 would be welcome to find new (but good) homes.

Home in Wood Co. which is where all my bantams are. Farm in Jackson Co, my large fowl are there. Ducks at both places lol. Nice to have another WVian around!

Oh, I just remembered, I had one rooster that HATED my red food scoop. Just the red one. He would fly up and try to flog it in my hand. Not me, just the scoop. Something about the red I guess. :D

I have a black roo, the one in my avatar pic that hates my scoop. If I go in bare-handed, he's docile. Scoop sets him off though. He does not like it.

Well it's too bad you aren't closer because of give you this black one!

I can't do individual pictures until tomorrow after I've sent some of the others to their new home. These guys are quite skittish and I'm not used to that but normally I use heating pad caves but right now I'm having to use lights and I wonder if that's part of it. I have read some bits and pieces about lights causing behavioral changes. My bulbs are red reptile bulbs. Right now it is also a bit crowded and obviously that doesn't help.

Cute!

I use lamps all the time on dimmer switches... never have skittish birds... can't keep the buggers off me, lol...

Back
Top Bottom