Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Found Dove's, my little silver duckwing girl that was missing, nest. Shes wedged in to a tight crack so I can't get a look at eggs. Is the fact that she isn't even 7 months old and a new layer going to affect the hatch/babies?
My little BBR was about the same age when she disappeared this spring in late April she had her nest under the house all I did was.make sure she had food and water that she could get to
Every day I would try and check if I saw signs she was.eating and drinking. When her chicks hatched she brought them out to where I could get to them and picked them up one by one put them in a pet carrier and the chicks cheeps brought her to me so I could put them in something safe for her to bring them up in

My little girl already has babies!! 4 girls and two boys. Theres 5 eggs left on nest. Not sure if any are good but I put them under my other broody just in case. I'll candle later. Can't believe I didnt know! She was at my front door every morning but I thought she was sneaking out of eaves!!
20170907_150639.jpg

My little girl already has babies!! 4 girls and two boys. Theres 5 eggs left on nest. Not sure if any are good but I put them under my other broody just in case. I'll candle later. Can't believe I didnt know! She was at my front door every morning but I thought she was sneaking out of eaves!!View attachment 1130968

:love:love

So right after I posted this apparently a couple RIRs attacked her. They killed one boy and another went into shock. Not sure if he'll be okay. Brought her inside in dog kennel. She is so friendly right now. Lets me pet her and hold the babies. It stinks that she got bullied. I have 30 other chicks and 20 ducklings all running around yard with no problem.

So right after I posted this apparently a couple RIRs attacked her. They killed one boy and another went into shock. Not sure if he'll be okay. Brought her inside in dog kennel. She is so friendly right now. Lets me pet her and hold the babies. It stinks that she got bullied. I have 30 other chicks and 20 ducklings all running around yard with no problem.

So sorry to hear that! I hope the one recovers from shock! I always have my broodies with her chicks in their own separated area, especially if we have bigger chickens around. I dont think i'd let them into the flock until the chicks are old enough to avoid bullying from other chickens. Hope your chicks get better soon~ :hugs

Little guy seems good today. Every time I've messed with a broody its gone wrong lol. Just not sure why the girls had a problem with this batch when I have tons of them running around. Mom and babies are in the house with me today lol. Untill my family gets home anyway.. .

IMG_2007.JPG
Well this one gave me quite the scare this morning. I woke up to find this bird crying at my back door. She was scared enough to let me just scoop her up. I have no idea how or when she got out but it's obvious she wasn't locked in the coop last night. My guess is that she must've slept under the deck or in the bushes to protect herself. Never had one literally come to me for help before.

Back
Top Bottom