Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics
Thanks all for your opinions on Roody. He is quite young and that poof seems to have gone away. He may just be a cull ( by show standards). We had a Silver Duck wing that died so this one was given to DW by a friend who breeds and sell them all over country. We just have these for fun and that they are. I also have 3 BBR hens. Just gotta love the little boogers.

Here is my spangled pullet she is 11 months.
38899_100_1307.jpg

38899_100_1305.jpg

38899_100_1312.jpg

This is Dude. He's my first OEGB, and not very perfect, but I'm crazy about him! He's spunky and friendly, and makes the greatest sounds. He weighs 18oz, I think. Silver Duckwing? He stands much prettier than this picture shows.
13038_168.jpg

And this is a blue wheaten chick. I've got ten of them. They just got here on Thursday, so this baby was 2 days old in this pic. Dude needed friends his size, and I couldn't resist this color. I think they're so beautiful. Can't wait to see how these babies turn out.
CIMG1001.jpg

I have a 1 year old blue OEGB hen who went broody and just hatched out a porcelain D'uccle egg given to her --the only one of some mailed eggs to develop. So far, she's an exemplary mom. As she is my first & only OEGB, does anyone have experience with them raising chicks? This hen is super-calm quiet & docile, which I think is not the norm.

OMG....you guys have some pretty chicks!!!!
droolin.gif
I have three OEGB's...wasnt real sure what they were till now...I love them dearly...they are sooooo sweet and follow us all over the yard
love.gif
I have two hens and one roo....he is the sweetest roo!!!!
love.gif
I do have a question though...how do you stop your regular size rooster from mating with these little hens...so far he isnt hurting them but he is 6x their size!!!
ep.gif
They let him do it too
he.gif
I dont let mine out unless I am at home...I would be really upset if something happened to them, they are not even a year old yet.

Roo and Hen

71014_roo_and_hen.jpg

Two Hens on the left...My big hen was sharing the water with them
smile.png

71014_two_hens.jpg

Back
Top Bottom