Show Off Your Parakeets & Cockateils!

I'll see if I can get a pic of my parakeets.
smile.png

This is Benji, we inherited him from Grandma. I was a kid when she got him so he's at least 15 now, probably older. He used to do a little bit of "talking" and wolf whistles, but since she died he just does normal cockatiel whistling and singing. He loves having chicks in the house to talk to!
85666_benji.jpg

Sassymygirl, oh no! Poor Platypus. I hope she can see an avian vet.. she either has had ongoing severe problems with mites, or beak issues are very common when there is a serious liver problem.
sad.png

I've been 'owned' by cockatiels for 23+ years now! My birds have all been rescues. There are so many homeless 'tiels out there! The first two were middle age when they were 'dumped' on us... which turned out to be a blessing for both me and the cockatiels! Feathers was the name of mine, and she traveled through me for nearly all of my life. I had her for 20 years of my life, and we estimated her to be at least 26 years old when she passed on. I still miss her!

My current flock consists of Zephyr:
zephyr%20is%20made%20of%20cheeks.jpg

She's a really smart cinnamon hen, and has a lot of mischief in her. She's one of the few cockatiels that I've met that will hold food with her foot, like a 'big' parrot!

This is PoppySeed:
madam%20seed.jpg

She and Das (below) were adopted when my friend passed away this past fall. She and Das had known no other life than living with my friend for over 17 years! My friend had Cycstic Fibrosis and at the end of her life was spending long periods in the hospital then in hospice. Poppyseed, poor girl, didn't take it well and so she plucked herself over the years. She is slowly improving, though! With help from our vet we are trying to improve her quality of life.
smile.png

This is Das:
das%20FACE.jpg

He's hard to get a photo of because every time he sees the camera, he presses his little face right into the lens and sings!! He's very much a goofy boy cockatiel, constantly singing, head-banging, and giving me heart wings!!

I have 10 birds, but here are the pics I can share atm
big_smile.png

85545_bones5.jpg

Bones, I handraised her three years ago. Shy but sweet!

85545_boys.jpg

My boys Orson (green) and Stewie (white) raised them both, they are cousins. Stewie is a lovebird trapped in a keet body & Orson is a camera ham.

85545_slade1.jpg

Slade, my other little hen I raised a while back. Big sister to Bones! Funny, gentle little girl.

85545_o17.jpg

Orson again. He poses, I swear, haha!

Back
Top Bottom