Show off your peas!!

Hey Deerman - glad to see you back on. I did answer the question correctly didn't I? The males need to be three to get the long beautiful tail? I know you told me once the males need to be two to be fertile but at what age are they "going through the motions" because mine are six months and I've been catching them at it almost every day and it sure looks like they are doing something.

Quote:
Nice looking birds. The colors at this time are.
Blues
Whites
Cameo
Peach
Purple
Opal
Charcoal
Bronze
Jade
Midnight
5 Patterns.
barred wing
soild wing(blackshoulder)
White eye
Pied
Silver pied

With these you can get 185 varities. So far over 100 have been bred.
All the above were found in the india blues,except the Jade(found in the spaulding)
Then you have the greens.

I have all colors except the greens,Jade,and Midnight. Have all 5 patterns.

Thanks for posting all the color and patterns - I'm still learning about this beautiful bird. So, I have six, looks like 3 males and 3 females, each a different color. If they breed will I just get a bunch of mutts or will babies look like either the mama or daddy?

I will also probably want to get more babies from you this spring. I don't have the patience to wait years for them to grow up and reproduce.

Quote:
Yes, thats right,was posting at the same time.
Yes they will mate,display but never seen a yearling male be fertile. Have had a few year old hens lay, and if with older male have hatched.

Quote:
Blues
Whites
Cameo
Peach
Purple
Opal
Charcoal
Bronze
Jade
Midnight
5 Patterns.
barred wing
White eye
Pied
Silver pied

All the above were found in the india blues,except the Jade(found in the spaulding)

You forgot Java Green. I love them. They look very different from a typical pea. The top knot if the wrong way and they are very slender. I love them.

Mine are coming on 2 years old and so I hope will finally get their tails in.

I found all of mine on Craigs List.
wink.png

I have one male that keeps strutting his stuff and displaying for a purty little calico ROO. I keep telling him he's wasting his time but me thinks peacocks aren't too bright.

Quote:
Blues
Whites
Cameo
Peach
Purple
Opal
Charcoal
Bronze
Jade
Midnight
5 Patterns.
barred wing
White eye
Pied
Silver pied

Thanks for posting all the color and patterns - I'm still learning about this beautiful bird. So, I have six, looks like 3 males and 3 females, each a different color. If they breed will I just get a bunch of mutts or will babies look like either the mama or daddy?

I will also probably want to get more babies from you this spring. I don't have the patience to wait years for them to grow up and reproduce.

Compare like a dog. if you have a poodle, they come in white,brown,and black not mutt but just different colors.

The spaulding are a cross of the blues and green.

Breeding them, most peachicks will go back to blues(normal color)
The person you got your peafowl from. Has a section on his site on what you can get by mating what color to what. Or I would be glad to help next year when you get ready to mate them. I pen bred all mine so I know what colors I will get.

L&Schickens :

Quote:
Blues
Whites
Cameo
Peach
Purple
Opal
Charcoal
Bronze
Jade
Midnight
5 Patterns.
barred wing
White eye
Pied
Silver pied

You forgot Java Green. I love them. They look very different from a typical pea. The top knot if the wrong way and they are very slender. I love them.

Mine are coming on 2 years old and so I hope will finally get their tails in.

I found all of mine on Craigs List.
wink.png

No didnt forget, in the post I said 'then you have the greens.

The greens are
Java
Indo-chinese
Burmese
All three of these need heat in Northern States. Also harder to raise, males can get mean,and may even kill their peahens.

Thanks Deerman you are always so helpful. I'll take a look at that site. By mutt, I meant not really either parent's color but some sort of mottled calico pattern or something.

Wow all of them are so beautiful! I love the pic with the cat who couldn't care less, he might have not been impressed but I sure was!

OMG I want them! I want them! I want them!, are they considered livestock? They are really loud arent they? Ugg I really need to move to a farm....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom