Show off your Peas!

We show off lots of boys...how about the girls? (Yes, I know some of you do post photos of your girls!)

Okay, I am told this is a IB hen and a Bronze hen.

Okay fine, a photo of a boy!
I was told this is a purple peacock.

Awesome! Thank you!
I still have so much to learn and the subtle differences of this purple BS compared to the IB BS WE was enough to throw me off. I would not have guessed this guy was a purple. Maybe I would have thought it when I saw him in sunlight, I am not sure. Every photo and every conversation is a learning experience for me.
ya.gif

Oh, I thought he did have the rusty feathers on top of his shoulders. No tan though. Forgive the poop stain, his friend was moved out today and wasn't happy.
The sun hit his neck today and I could see an obvious purple sheen to his neck but didn't get a shot of it.
You can see why I named him One Eyed Jack.

Oh, I thought he did have the rusty feathers on top of his shoulders. No tan though. Forgive the poop stain, his friend was moved out today and wasn't happy.
The sun hit his neck today and I could see an obvious purple sheen to his neck but didn't get a shot of it.
You can see why I named him One Eyed Jack.

That is definitely a purple cock. I had them for years and that's the way the wings look at the first of the season. They will fade to the lighter color as the summer goes on. The train feathers will fade considerably also. by the time he starts to drop his train feathers, he will look very different.

Oh, how neat! I can't wait to see him change. I think he is glorious now! And he seems very tame.

This is his first season with a decent train, according to the previous owner. He was just going to turn him loose on his place but with only one eye I felt that might not be good for him so I suggested I take him. Now I have to figure out what to breed him with since there aren't any purple peahens, though I am getting a cameo hen.......

Back
Top Bottom