Show off your Peas!

Haha I would love to see him display too. He is a very strange peacock. He lets Smarty pick on him and chase him around even though the general rule for peafowl is the older males are dominant over the younger males. I guess Frosty didn't get the memo. At least he preens. I was worried when he was a peachick that him and his dirty sisters would never be clean birds.
tongue.png

Haha I would love to see him display too. He is a very strange peacock. He lets Smarty pick on him and chase him around even though the general rule for peafowl is the older males are dominant over the younger males. I guess Frosty didn't get the memo. At least he preens. I was worried when he was a peachick that him and his dirty sisters would never be clean birds. :p

Lovely story and pics Minx!

Today I bring you a story. This is the story of three peacocks vying for the attention of a beautiful Damsel.
One is but a young peacock, hardly two, but do not let that fool you for he thinks he is 22. The second is Frosty who is not very lively. The third in all his magnificence is the eldest, Alto, who is anything but mellow.

Frosty is occupied with preening his white train, with which he never displays.

But all too soon Frosty listed off to sleep.

Smarty stared as Frosty was there. He didn't dare move a hare until he could bet that Frosty wasn't a threat.

The fair Damsel appeared and they switched gears to woo her with their wit and charming good looks.

Round and round they went looking for a returning glance from Damsel's lovely gaze which put them in a daze.

"Hey Dad" Smarty said, "I look just as good as you do!" But we all know that is not true. Sorry boy but you are not as old as you assume for you hardly have any long plumes.

Smarty was not swayed by his father's big train. He made a chase for Damsel who quickly drove him away for not only was he young, but he was her son!

Damsel looked at Alto and she could se no faults and she found favor in his behavior.

All the boys were sad because the prettiest peahen was now taken. Well, except for Peep who still likes my feet...

----------------------------------------
These were photos from today. Smarty thinks he is a mature peacock. He calls the most, he displays and tries to mate, and he chases Frosty around. I could tell Alto really likes Damsel because he displays harder for her than for the other girls. You can tell he really likes her. I would have liked Frosty to mate with Damsel, but he never displays and in a pen full of colorful peacocks I doubt a peahen would pick the white one. here are some extra photos:

I forgot to use this one in the story.

The aviary

My pretty girl Shyanne.
Great story and beautiful photos to go with it.

They are such fascinating Birds.

Amazing pictures! And great story too. My white peacock always displays and tries to mate but the juveniles he is with do not cooperate. He is slowly getting dirty. I better enjoy him before he is gone. I wish I could get such nice pictures as you have as Frosty. I always get pictures of the fence, whereas your pen is nice and green. My Opal who is five was getting his but whooped by the spalding who is three and has a short and now messed up train. I caught that peacock and moved him for a bit. Getting soaked in the rain must have done the trick. As sad as it is, he had to learn a lesson, especially since every day he would follow me and would probably attack me. The opal got a chance to display and he looks great. Still do not have pictures yet.

Today I bring you a story. This is the story of three peacocks vying for the attention of a beautiful Damsel.
One is but a young peacock, hardly two, but do not let that fool you for he thinks he is 22. The second is Frosty who is not very lively. The third in all his magnificence is the eldest, Alto, who is anything but mellow.

Frosty is occupied with preening his white train, with which he never displays.

But all too soon Frosty listed off to sleep.

Smarty stared as Frosty was there. He didn't dare move a hare until he could bet that Frosty wasn't a threat.

The fair Damsel appeared and they switched gears to woo her with their wit and charming good looks.

Round and round they went looking for a returning glance from Damsel's lovely gaze which put them in a daze.

"Hey Dad" Smarty said, "I look just as good as you do!" But we all know that is not true. Sorry boy but you are not as old as you assume for you hardly have any long plumes.

Smarty was not swayed by his father's big train. He made a chase for Damsel who quickly drove him away for not only was he young, but he was her son!

Damsel looked at Alto and she could se no faults and she found favor in his behavior.

All the boys were sad because the prettiest peahen was now taken. Well, except for Peep who still likes my feet...

----------------------------------------
These were photos from today. Smarty thinks he is a mature peacock. He calls the most, he displays and tries to mate, and he chases Frosty around. I could tell Alto really likes Damsel because he displays harder for her than for the other girls. You can tell he really likes her. I would have liked Frosty to mate with Damsel, but he never displays and in a pen full of colorful peacocks I doubt a peahen would pick the white one. here are some extra photos:

I forgot to use this one in the story.

The aviary

My pretty girl Shyanne.

Pretty and handsome!!!
love.gif
Love 'em!

Here are some pictures. Most of them are fairly recent.

As you can see, I am trying to capture the beauty of the so called "drab" colors of peafowl. If labels are needed let me know and I can edit this post to include labels.

As you can see, I am trying to capture the beauty of the so called "drab" colors of peafowl.
This was one of my favorite photos.
I love what you said there at the end because when I see your photos, all of those "drab" colors that I don't like, I end up liking but I only like them when you photograph them. I saw an opal peacock in person and still didn't like it, but when you show photos of your opal split, I can't help but think it is beautiful. You definitely are doing a good job doing justice to the more muted colors of peafowl. I need to show Frosty the photos of your white displaying. Maybe he will be inspired!

India Blue Amun 2 years old. He runs free between my house and my parents

Monet BS three year old

Monet's beautiful tail

White coming yearlings

Not the best photos. I will have better once they are outside and I can take pics of all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom