Show off your Peas!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Kedreeva, May 27, 2012.

1. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our IB male,and IB Pied male.The pied seems to want to run everyone around,so he may get moved to a diffrent pen with just a few girls if he doesn't change his ways soon

2. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    New2,AugeredIN,,Your only seeing 1/2 of the site,,I have 5 other pages not visible yet until I get some pics.And I can add as many pages as I like,there is no limit. I have an Osclass Classifieds template I can upload to my site,,but it's just as easy for me to get your information,,and I can just as easily make the ads myself. Your write the text,contact info,and send the pics,,and I'll ad them,,hows that? That goes for anyone here. I'm not too political to help other pea lovers out here.There is a BLOG too that can be used for anything,,I'm not nearly half done with it and keep thinking of more things I want to add. Some nites I build 2 pages,,,It goes that fast. And the mettagging,,,just wait how high it will come up on internet searches!!

3. margaret8

margaret8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2013
    Edmond, Ok
    FBC how do you keep snakes out of your pens? Or, do you boy have a problem with them eating your eggs?

4. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    Makara, Wellington, NZ
    Wow he's looking spectacular, that crazy Thang! [​IMG]
    Glad to hear he is still his eccentric and colorful self.

5. Alex150o

Alex150o Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2014
    Mexico
    [​IMG]
    These are two of my three youngsters. Appearantly 2 males and 1 female.

[​IMG]
    Do any of you have any idea what color he will end up being? appareantly the mother is IB and the father is white.

[​IMG]
    My white one in display for turkeys? no peahen were around besides the little one ( around 10 months).

[​IMG]
    My blue one who is currently missing :c havent heard him "sing" in a while.

I have no pictures of my peahens because they are laying eggs somewhere between the crops behind the house.

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    TY Frenchy they all look beautiful considering how long they had been snowed in, Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

7. misschickenlittle

misschickenlittle REALLY wants a new title

Oct 30, 2010
    Missouri
    Just read through FBC's pea palace thread... Glad I did because one thing I did not think about was my coop size and a cock's train... So, peacocks are on hold until I can get a better home for them.

So for now I will drool over all of yours!

8. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Today I bring you a story. This is the story of three peacocks vying for the attention of a beautiful Damsel.
    One is but a young peacock, hardly two, but do not let that fool you for he thinks he is 22. The second is Frosty who is not very lively. The third in all his magnificence is the eldest, Alto, who is anything but mellow.
    [​IMG]

Frosty is occupied with preening his white train, with which he never displays.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But all too soon Frosty listed off to sleep.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Smarty stared as Frosty was there. He didn't dare move a hare until he could bet that Frosty wasn't a threat.
    [​IMG]

The fair Damsel appeared and they switched gears to woo her with their wit and charming good looks.
    [​IMG]

Round and round they went looking for a returning glance from Damsel's lovely gaze which put them in a daze.
    [​IMG]
    "Hey Dad" Smarty said, "I look just as good as you do!" But we all know that is not true. Sorry boy but you are not as old as you assume for you hardly have any long plumes.
    [​IMG]
    Smarty was not swayed by his father's big train. He made a chase for Damsel who quickly drove him away for not only was he young, but he was her son!
    [​IMG]
    Damsel looked at Alto and she could se no faults and she found favor in his behavior.
    [​IMG]
    All the boys were sad because the prettiest peahen was now taken. Well, except for Peep who still likes my feet...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------
    These were photos from today. Smarty thinks he is a mature peacock. He calls the most, he displays and tries to mate, and he chases Frosty around. I could tell Alto really likes Damsel because he displays harder for her than for the other girls. You can tell he really likes her. I would have liked Frosty to mate with Damsel, but he never displays and in a pen full of colorful peacocks I doubt a peahen would pick the white one. here are some extra photos:

I forgot to use this one in the story.
    [​IMG]
    The aviary
    [​IMG]
    My pretty girl Shyanne.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. 3BirdGirlz

3BirdGirlz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    Great story Minx! You're so creative. And great photos!!!

10. misschickenlittle

misschickenlittle REALLY wants a new title

Oct 30, 2010
    Missouri
    That's so awesome!! Great pics!! I'd love to see Frosty display... Silly boy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by