Show off your Peas!

Here are Peep and his sister at birth, at 4 weeks. They are BS split to white. Here is also a pix of the parents.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6516026/width/200/height/400[/I
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6516027/width/200/height/400

I really liked your pics Lisa! I was out last night in the pen chillin w/ the birds. Can't hardly get my guys to sit still for nothing. Boss & Tipsy are starting to get some color in their necks, hopefully I can get some good pics of that tonight. #3 & Squirt are getting big, won't be long until they catch up w/ their pen mates!

Very pretty. Look close to the same age as Sweet. She was a rescue and an only chick , maybe 2-3 weeks old when I got her. She is pretty content to sit on my arm when I am walking or sitting. I hope she will always wants to be with me. My baby geese (who look full grown already) are 5 months old and they visit with me all the time. I love it.

My little Mork has three little white primary coverts on each wing. :D Do either of his parents have any white wing feathers?

-Kathy

No they do not, but the bird in my pics is likely Mork's maternal grandfather. :D

So if Mork's little white feathers stay, does that mean he's split to white?

-Kathy

Quote:

Quote:

I really liked your pics Lisa! I was out last night in the pen chillin w/ the birds. Can't hardly get my guys to sit still for nothing. Boss & Tipsy are starting to get some color in their necks, hopefully I can get some good pics of that tonight. #3 & Squirt are getting big, won't be long until they catch up w/ their pen mates!

Here are Peep and his sister at birth, at 4 weeks. They are BS split to white. Here is also a pix of the parents.

Cute & awesome pics!
love.gif

So if Mork's little white feathers stay, does that mean he's split to white?

-Kathy

Kathy, you would have to ask one of the "genetics" afficianados, if he would still be considered split white when it is 2 generations out. I know it means he carries some white genes and since white is really neither a color nor a pattern exactly, it gets confusing. I am thinking a split white bird( one parent colored and the other parent white so 1 copy of the white gene) when bred will produce a certain % of split white offspring, and the farther back in the lineage that the split is perhaps the % of split white offspring will decrease?
hmm.png
These things can get very confusing, especially white, white eye and silver pied genetics.

Very pretty. Look close to the same age as Sweet. She was a rescue and an only chick , maybe 2-3 weeks old when I got her. She is pretty content to sit on my arm when I am walking or sitting. I hope she will always wants to be with me. My baby geese (who look full grown already) are 5 months old and they visit with me all the time. I love it.

Cute & awesome pics!
love.gif
thanks guys!

It seems instead of just possibly getting 3 new members I might move up to 5 or 6 don't know yet. I can't wait to see what they will look like.

Back
Top Bottom