Show off your Peas!

Quote: No they do not. All of my birds are super friendly and come when called but not by any specific names. Yeah this was the first year I wing banded my peafowl. I was getting lots of eggs from Taylor Hill Game Farms and the batch the spalding came out of I actually still do not know which birds came from what pen and what two of them are. I kept better track with the eggs from my peafowl and the second batch from Taylor Hill.

Quote: So yes you do!

Aren't you glad you weighed them? Keep doing it, you'll get a kick out of how much they grow each day.

-Kathy

Thanks! I had a male that was acting just a hair off and I took him to the vet and he weighed 5.1 lbs and is exactly 5 Months old. He is wormed and we started him on antibiotics just in case. He had normal poop and his fecal test didn't indicated any parasites. The vet seemed concerned that he was under weight but I think he was comparing him to turkeys. I don't know how much experience he has with peafowl, but he is an excellent vet overall. I just wanted to make sure that he wasn't underweight. Guess I will invest in a scale to keep a better eye on him! Thanks for your help!

Just weighed some that are six months old and the boys are 3kg (6.6 pounds), the girls 2.6kg (5.7 pounds).

-Kathy

Thanks a lot! That gives me a great idea where he should be. I'll have to get a scale and make sure he keeps gaining! The females are pretty hefty so I am sure they are comparable. Only hatched one male and I hate for something to happen!

P.S. Thanks for the replies everyone. These forums have been extremely helpful in navigating my way through the peafowl world!

Back
Top Bottom