Show off your Peas!

Frosty is growing his train in quickly.

Peep lets me get good detail photos. These are his neck feathers.

Peep

I used flash to capture the dark breast feather colors better.

Frosty

Frosty's pretty sister Shyanne.

Ice on the other side of the bamboo clump.

The two stumps in the peafowl pen are popular spots for the peafowl to preen on top of. I also put food up there.

Peep on the left and Alto on the right both looking at my feet. Both of them like to follow me around the pen and sometimes I think Alto hopes I will mistake him for Peep and give him extra treats...He has tricked me a few times.

One of the white peahens eating. I have trouble telling who is who from a distance. I have to see their face or their spurs to tell them apart. Snow White has 2 beauty marks on her beak and Shyanne usually has a yellower face, a tighter crest, and spurs.

Frosty falling asleep - as usual!

Shyanne

Frosty preening

Since I changed the roost design, Frosty seems to use it a lot more in the day time.

Here are all of the peacocks in one shot. Alto is on the ground, Peep is on the stump, and Frosty is on the perch. Shyanne is the peahen in the background.

Ice and Damsel sharing a meal.

YUM
tongue.png

Snow White
Beautiful group and photos are well done
thumbsup.gif

to answer your question posted on another thread if i decided to aquire greens a i will not be free ranging them, i want pure and to bred for pure and keep my blues blue, not spaldings lots of other folks have spaldings to offer i do not need to make any here
wink.png
the other colors are on the fence but i think bronze would be a good choice if i can find some that bred true and i would l free range them during the off season.

Oops all I was thinking was how pretty it would be to see green peafowl free ranging on your place. I totally forgot that they probably would mix with the current peafowl flock like you said! I totally understand then. :)
Do you think it would be possible to free range 1 variety a week? So one week it is the pieds, the next week they go back in the pen and the black shoulders get to come out? Or after a week would they be really hard to pen again? I really like how zoos do rotational exhibits. I even considered one day having a large pen that smaller pens could rotate into then in the winter all of the birds could go in the large pen.

Pics from Corea !   Photoshop ???

I don't know if they photoshoped any of it, but I think that peacock is a low % spalding due to the breast feathers looking more scale like than on a normal India Blue. Normal breast feathers are not so well defined. they are sort of an oval shape on the ends. The Corea bird's breast feathers have that darker inside and lighter outside like a green peafowl feather has. normal breast feathers of an India Blue are just 1 solid color sort of a dark emerald green color. Plus the crest feathers are hardly fanned at all. they are very upright.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom