Show off your Peas!

Oh no Destinduck!
There's so much advice here about helping out little guys with leg problems!
Why don't you give the little guy a hand????
bow.gif

Minx has experience with this...

I guess what I was trying to say is that you *can* raise peafowl with turkeys, because turkeys don't give peafowl any diseases that I can think of, but chickens sure can, and it's called blackhead (histomoniasis).

-Kathy

I guess what I was trying to say is that you *can* raise peafowl with turkeys, because turkeys don't give peafowl any diseases that I can think of, but chickens sure can, and it's called blackhead (histomoniasis).

-Kathy

Blackhead is also a turkey disease and it's more commen in turkey's than chickens. Chickens also can carry it :-( I have to watch my turkeys and chickens for it. It is highly contagious to all fowl.

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/diseaseinfo/74/histamonosis-histomoniasis-blackhead

Oh no Destinduck!
There's so much advice here about helping out little guys with leg problems!
Why don't you give the little guy a hand????
bow.gif

Minx has experience with this...
I have done quite a few pheasants and quackers with leg problems and I have enough baby birds as it is.Like I said I am trying to give it away for free to her or anyone else willing to come get it. A pure green even.I gave away some high dollar birds over the years just to keep genetics or what ever you want to call it on the right track here at the crib.To be honest. I cull all hybrids and those that have any problems. Even if I fix em I give em away. I just dont want em for my own stock.

So my Peas are much better after 3 days of tylan ;) Harry didn't like being away from Ron so we were able to get him back in the coop. My question though is once they have gotten fully better is it best to release them for free range. ( which has been the plan from the start, have had them 2 weeks) or should I keep them in coop with chickens until they hot the 4-6 week mark to release them. Right now I am torn at which is the safer/best option for them.

Back
Top Bottom