Show off your Peas!

0.jpg

I was afraid to put this young chick (6 weeks old) with these older boys(they are 5 months old), but 5 minutes later he became the boss
roll.png

I have been working on all sorts of pen projects this weekend. I finally got a weekend free from college projects so yesterday I started putting up the fencing for a new pen by myself which was a little difficult (especially when the roll of fencing is trying to crush me) and today luckily I had Aaron to help me. A mini project that I started yesterday was getting some granite for the bird pen! My mom is planning out her dream home so she visited a granite store nearby and found out that they have all of these scraps of granite that they don't want. They told her they would be fine with someone coming and hauling them off for free. Sooo yesterday my mom and I happily sorted through piles of granite pulling out pretty pieces that we wanted and it was all for free!
love.gif

Anyways, I now have a granite stepping stone path leading to the pen door. I haven't put the granite in the ground yet. Some of the larger pieces I have placed inside of the pen. My peafowl now have their own mini granite countertop to eat off of. They are so fancy!
roll.png

Here is the granite stepping stone path.

Here are 2 of the several kinds of granite I got:

Here is Peep using the new granite 'counters' for his meal of black oil sunflower seeds and salmon and egg flavored cat food.

Frosty and his sister Shyanne are checking out the high granite countertop (the base is a cinderblock).
I re-planted the ryegrass so this is the beginnings of it coming up for the fall and winter. In the background you can also see some elephant ears that are surviving extremely well in a pen with 7 peafowl. Most soft plants do not last in a peafowl pen, but elephant ears are an exception. I don't think they taste good to the peafowl.

Frosty eating honeydew off of the granite.

Here is a close-up of Peep's head showing the 'tick' head feathers. I love these little feathers!

I let Peep out of the pen for a little bit and he ate some berries off of a large pokeweed bush and then later he started displaying. The peafowl love eating poke berries.

I have been working on all sorts of pen projects this weekend. I finally got a weekend free from college projects so yesterday I started putting up the fencing for a new pen by myself which was a little difficult (especially when the roll of fencing is trying to crush me) and today luckily I had Aaron to help me. A mini project that I started yesterday was getting some granite for the bird pen! My mom is planning out her dream home so she visited a granite store nearby and found out that they have all of these scraps of granite that they don't want. They told her they would be fine with someone coming and hauling them off for free. Sooo yesterday my mom and I happily sorted through piles of granite pulling out pretty pieces that we wanted and it was all for free!
love.gif

Anyways, I now have a granite stepping stone path leading to the pen door. I haven't put the granite in the ground yet. Some of the larger pieces I have placed inside of the pen. My peafowl now have their own mini granite countertop to eat off of. They are so fancy!
roll.png

Here is Peep using the new granite 'counters' for his meal of black oil sunflower seeds and salmon and egg flavored cat food.

Frosty and his sister Shyanne are checking out the high granite countertop (the base is a cinderblock).
I re-planted the ryegrass so this is the beginnings of it coming up for the fall and winter. In the background you can also see some elephant ears that are surviving extremely well in a pen with 7 peafowl. Most soft plants do not last in a peafowl pen, but elephant ears are an exception. I don't think they taste good to the peafowl.

Here is a close-up of Peep's head showing the 'tick' head feathers. I love these little feathers!

I let Peep out of the pen for a little bit and he ate some berries off of a large pokeweed bush and then later he started displaying. The peafowl love eating poke berries.
Beautiful photos, i also love those tiny feathers i pick them up all the time along with the crest feathers
wink.png

My peas also love poke berries, lots of them right now along with sumic berries , morning glory seeds, cypress vine seeds and these berries to can't remember what they are called but they will only eat them when they become dull looking.

love.gif

roll.png

Just watch out for those granite cut outs they are very slippery when wet ! I had them going to my front door, that did not last long.

Back
Top Bottom