Show off your Peas!

My black shoulder peacock is turning darker every week.Still thinking hen for the peachick?

Here are 3 peachicks that came from my Cameo pen. They are all 3 different. I've checked through the database and have an idea but anyone got a fix on what they are?

Here are 3 peachicks that came from my Cameo pen. They are all 3 different. I've checked through the database and have an idea but anyone got a fix on what they are?
The one in the back looks cameo black shoulder hen, the one in the front looks cameo hen. The one in the middle i'm not sure, he is male for sure but i'm not sure about his color, maybe a cameo black shoulder male?

The peafowl/ bird farm was awesome! She said I need to come back in the Spring when her males have their trains! They were still beautiful though. She had Ostriches too but they were on another property so I couldn't get photos of them. If there are any questions on her birds just ask and I will try to answer them from the info she shared to me. These are just a few of the photos I took. I took 91 photos of her farm.
1st Greenhouse pen.

Her breeding pens.

Her breeding White hens. The White cock is behind the wall.

Her Java Green hen. She said she started with 19 and then sold down to 2 pairs. She had a friend of hers that has raised them for 30 years say they are Greens is what she said. What do you guys think? I'm no expert but they look like Greens to me. If I get Greens I'll probably get some from her since they are so cheap for Greens.

Java Green cock on the right and Java Green hen on left.

2nd Greenhouse.

Emus! They were friendly and soft too! The sound they make sounded like a marching bass drum or like Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. She has 14 pairs of Emus.

Two girls I am keeping from this year's hatch. At least I think the silver pied is a girl. She is from my Velocity/Tempo cross and I got nothing from that cross last year at the peafowl place but I brought them home this spring and was able to get one of their eggs to hatch! I hope this is a girl!
The other one is from my Purple BS peacock, Jack and his darling IB hen, Roche. I lost all 3 of their daughters I hatched last year and am working hard to make sure this girl does well this year! I sold her brother, who looked pure Purple but was only split. Weird.

I also still have 3 girls and one boy out of my Bronze peacock, Hershey and Opal white eye hens. One of the girls is a silver pied! Not sure how that happened!
Also have a Pied from Zazous and Dilly, that I am praying is a girl but looks kinda like a boy but am hanging onto just in case.

Considering I have 22 adults I should not have kept anything back this year! But I can't help it! I love them and the journey i am on with them.

Back
Top Bottom